ID:1792864

Regarding the new [BETA] update for byond's pager;

#1 While messaging a friend the pager blinks on and off

#2 The pager lags hella hard if you get more then 1 message or alert at one time

#3 Adding Friends/Removing Friends Adding Blocks/Removing Blocks lags hella hard and sometimes doesn't even work

I hope at the very least #1 and #2 are being worked on? I mean it lags HELLA hard, if I switch back to the old version it doesn't so it's clearly the [BETA].
I've always noticed that the pager will freeze up if you've shared a lot of messages with someone. A lot being maybe 5 pages worth ish.
I don't see how messages cause so much lag for the pager o.o
It freezes up for me even if it's just one message sent and it's the first one in the conversation. The freeze stops after about 5 seconds or so. It's always happened and has been reported many times before so yeah lol.
Oh it has and no one has done a damn thing about it? I mean that RIGHT THERE would satisfy me in BYOND more then a new design on the webpage but hey, that's just me. I'm sure other people LOVE to lag and have BYOND pager freeze on them because some noob sent them 5 messages consecutively.
In response to IMangekyouI
Everyone knows that the new website is key to BYOND's success and far more important than doing anything that developers or gamers could use.
Wasn't aware BYOND is still trying to be successful? Gathering what Tom has said on his last few posts it seems more like he just wants to satisfy us, which would be making the pager not lag.
We have not been able to confirm this issue when it was reported in the past (it doesn't seem to happen to me)-- it may have to do with the volume of friends. Further, we were not aware of any new development with the beta. It sounds like there are conflicting reports here as to whether this is new to the beta or not. Please post a proper bug report (either to the Bug Reports or Beta Bugs depending on if you confirm it is indeed 507-only). If it is a 507-only issue, it is most likely due to the change in compiler/tools that BYOND is now built in. Either way, it should be fixable. I am locking this now as it is in the wrong place.