ID:179290

Ok as I'm redoing RancerZero, I'm building this with flexability in mind. instead of those 3d-esqe buildings, they will be -block tiles for the walls. I (and maby a few trusted friends) will be able to assign building areas for a player. Which will allow them to build... well whatever they can, whether it be a house, a shop, whatever. And of course they may either have to rent, or buy the land (if you rent it, and run out of money, your property is seized and dismanteled). Well anyway, my problem with this design is a point. What could I add to make this something people would want to play? I was thinking about some ideas, but it kept leading twards a never-ending RTS game... If I can't think of anything, I may just make static quests, which will obviously force me to reboot the server for new quests (yes the world data will be rememeberd), but I wanted to know if there was any other ways to go about making a 'goal' or purpose of the game before I go the typical route. Any ideas? I'd hate for it to be just a big chat room with houses and shops :p
take a it a step further...

Allow people to take jobs but not normal jobs...

Unusual ones like:

*A Gangster
*Bus Driver
*College professor
*lawyer

or go more fantasy:

*Devil
*Torture person
*ArchAngel
*Angel
(you get the idea)

Then have unique houses, for the top 4 say either extravigant houses or drugs and stuff all over(make it original hehe)

Bottom four you can have like a lava pit in their house or something...

just a few ideas from little ol me :)