ID:179292

Ok is there a way i could make the game get information from like a file in notepad? or could I do it in the code off the game itself. Like i want it to check something to see. Ive seen it done in VB like

[1]
blah=blah
blah=blah
blah=blah

and i dont want it to be like a users variable, but not a world either. yet i dont want it to be a object like that they would get in the users inventory.

Im not sure if that makes sense. so ill try to explane it differnt incase it didnt. I want to have a thing. not a mob, just a thing. that has its own variables and stuff. yet not a object like a user would get in their inventory.

- - - - - - - -

Not a dbz game maker
hum couldent an area do this? Well im not sure the function of an area but i think they can but i dont use them in my game.
Go into Dream maker. Press F1, click the "Contents" tab, and expand Savefiles. All the info you need is there.
In response to Dreq
Additionally, you can declare new atoms and datums of any type you want. See help on atom and datum. Say you wanted a new movable "thing" to manage skills. You could do it like this:

atom/movable/skill
var
rating
blah

which would make a new atom/movable of type skill. skills would be similar to mobs and objs in that they can call Move(), but would not be the same (and hence not match checks for mobs and objs).

-James