ID:179368

Im having a bit of a problem with a Library, where I have world/New() and it is never called. Is it supposed to be that way? This is what Im doing:
world

New()
..()
sleep(20)
for(var/mob/M in world)
M << "world new has been run"
Online_Immortals = new()
Immortals = new()
Admins = new()
Online_Builders = new()
Builders = new()
Online_Players = new()
Players = new()
Immortal_Verbs = new()
Disabled_Commands = new()

Silenced = GetDir("silenced")
Banned = GetDir("banned")
Denied = GetDir("denied")
IpBanned = GetDir("ipbanned")

CreateDummyAdmin()

I never get the message "world new has been run". It works fine if I put it in one of the project files.

Thanks,
Alathon

Alathon wrote:
Im having a bit of a problem with a Library, where I have world/New() and it is never called. Is it supposed to be that way? This is what Im doing:
> world
>
> New()
> ..()
> sleep(20)

I've had similar problems with client.New(), and I'm guessing it has something to do with calls with sleep() in them. Maybe some of the New() procs don't deal well with sleeps...or at least sleeps in a second override of the proc. And if you reposition it, maybe you become the first override and it works...

Totally guessing here.
world.New() is called before you connect, so you won't see the message unless you delay it with something like spawn(5).
In response to Skysaw
Skysaw wrote:
world.New() is called before you connect, so you won't see the message unless you delay it with something like spawn(5).

I did try spawn()ing out, and as I mentioned it works just fine if I dont place the world/New() in the library.

Alathon
In response to Deadron
might want to turn the dm tag off there deadron...

FIREking