ID:179374

Is there a way to put, like a bush tile on top of a grass tile with transparency (aka you can see the background around it)?
Dreq wrote:
Is there a way to put, like a bush tile on top of a grass tile with transparency (aka you can see the background around it)?

The top left corner of the color palette in the icon editor is the mask/transparency color...any pixel that is that color lets things from below show through.

In case you are importing your graphics from elsewhere or using BMPs, the color is 192, 192, 192.

In an upcoming release, PNG is supported, and PNG has its own transparency.
In response to Deadron
No I mean like as a map tile. I know how to do transparency :p Like when you put an object on the ground, you see the ground behind it. But I want to put trees on the ground that you can't pick up :p
In response to Dreq
Dreq wrote:
No I mean like as a map tile. I know how to do transparency :p Like when you put an object on the ground, you see the ground behind it. But I want to put trees on the ground that you can't pick up :p

You can place turfs on top of each other in the mapper.

Or you can make it so people can't pick up tree objects...whichever way you want to go.
In response to Deadron
Odd :)
Thanks, yet another cool feature of BYOND I didn't even realize :) It lets you do layers :)
In response to Dreq
Dreq wrote:
Odd :)
Thanks, yet another cool feature of BYOND I didn't even realize :) It lets you do layers :)

Yes and actually I was totally forgetting some of the best ways to do this:

You can add overlays and underlays to any object, which are images that show over or under them.
In response to Dreq
Don't assume BYOND won't do something until you've tried it... it's surprisingly intelligent. Note that when you compile and run, the layers of turfs are purely a visual effect... as far as the code knows, you now have a tree turf with an underlayed picture of grass.