ID:179415

what should i do first?
Read the FAQ and ZBT
Funny you should say that... I've been working on a comprehensive BYONDscape article that deals with this same thing.

However, it is nowhere near finished -- and some of the resources it refers to, I need to finish as well! =)
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:
Funny you should say that... I've been working on a comprehensive BYONDscape article that deals with this same thing.

However, it is nowhere near finished -- and some of the resources it refers to, I need to finish as well! =)

So you're plugging your unfinished plug that plugs stuff that you've been too plugged up to finish yet? :)

My bad humor aside, may I assume that this article will not be subscription content? What about the resources?

A newbie might not find shelling out money to be an acceptable start. A newbie can't be expected to understand the value of any articles and libraries over those offered for free.
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:
So you're plugging your unfinished plug that plugs stuff that you've been too plugged up to finish yet? :)
I`m gonna say yes

My bad humor
Ok

A newbie might not find shelling out money to be an acceptable start. A newbie can't be expected to understand the value of any articles and libraries over those offered for free.

Thats true

to all newbies:
you are getting Sleepy! Sleepy!
you will now pay $12 for a subscription to a newsletter thingy that has stuff way over your heads!

*gets rocks thrown at him by all newbies*
Hey, it was worth a try
In response to ACWraith

Nope, actually, it doesn't plug stuff. It refers you to stuff. In other words, if you don't do it, you ain't doing what it says. =)

My bad humor aside, may I assume that this article will not be subscription content? What about the resources?

Neither the article nor the two resources it refers to will be subscription content. One of those two resources is actually a portion that is to be added to my website.

I'm likely to start doing subscription stuff at some point, but none of my debut material will cost anything.
In response to ACWraith
ACWraith wrote:

BYONDscape subscription content is for added value stuff -- I don't think anyone intends to make any starter stuff subscription content.