ID:179425

I would like to know as of how to go along in making one for my game as I have been thinking alot about making one seing as I had the time to think alot lol. But I have wanted one for awhile now and I dont know how to go along and create one. So if anyone is willing would someone possibly help me out and teach me how to create my own or actually help me alittle as in what to do and how to make it because I dont want Nadrews leveling system as I dont want my game based on levels of character. Even though Nadrews leveling system is pretty good :).

Lee
What kind of battle system are you shooting for?
In response to WizDragon
WizDragon wrote:
What kind of battle system are you shooting for?

Magic, Weaponry, Monster based.

They are the basic ones I need though, also skill based too. What I need I am gathering it will be large :-\ but I hope I can actually get one for my game.

I dont really like my skill of describing because I have never really been good at it :(

Lee
In response to Mellifluous
I think he means, realtime, or turn based?

or, click one time, and continue repeating the attack until dead.

or, a final fantasy based battle system.

which of those do you plan on doing?

FIREking
In response to FIREking
Ok do you mean somthing like a Final Fantasy where it shows the user's side pic and when they attack they step forward

or do you Want somthing like Secret of Mana where you battle on the map and if anyone gets in the way: X.X

I have a unique battle system, it consists of 4tile big side pics of the Monsters, and no verbs, you have to click on stuff in the map window
In response to Pillsverry
can i see it? sounds interesting.
In response to FIREking
to see a picture go
Here

to see it in action(the older one, not as good as the one in the screenshot), go
Here

I`m going ot be updating my game soon, and It'll be pretty good.

Pillsverry wrote:
Ok do you mean somthing like a Final Fantasy where it shows the user's side pic and when they attack they step forward

or do you Want somthing like Secret of Mana where you battle on the map and if anyone gets in the way: X.X

I have a unique battle system, it consists of 4tile big side pics of the Monsters, and no verbs, you have to click on stuff in the map window

I would like something like your unique battle system but I would like it consisting of 6 tiles and not 4 :-D. But I would want it turn-based, with the verbs in a panel called "Battle Field". Where I would have verbs such as "Shadow Punch" etc...

The top two squares stating the strength of both players, middle two squares being the characters themself and the bottom two squares stating who goes first.

The idea is that the weakest of the two characters go first. IE, Say we had one character with a strength of 50 and defence of 49 and another character with strength of 51 and defence of 50. Character one would then go first.

But say if both characters had strengths and defences being 50/49 then it would go off their Mana, say character one had 1500 Mana and character two only had a Mana consisting of 150, this would be for character two starting first. But if both characters are equal in all those ways then the character who wanted to fight and started the fighting sequence then he/she would go first.

Lee
well, my battle system is sorta cheap, the monsters dont move, or do anything other than just sit there(yet),
and it uses images so that a trillion people can battle on the same battle field
Pillsverry wrote:
well, my battle system is sorta cheap, the monsters dont move, or do anything other than just sit there(yet),
and it uses images so that a trillion people can battle on the same battle field

Well I will choose another path then.

I would like to have my battle system in a turn-based environment.

Would either of you two be able to help? Or could anyone? If so would you please assist in helping me?

Lee
yes um like a i would try zagreuses demo but that nis tuen based.

BTW is there any other turn based battle system that is good like inb Dragon warrior or zagrueses demo
In response to RagnarofBurland
RagnarofBurland wrote:
yes um like a i would try zagreuses demo but that nis tuen based.

BTW is there any other turn based battle system that is good like inb Dragon warrior or zagrueses demo

Erm...Could you please tell me what you really mean there mate?

As that is very poorly said and it is quite hard to understand what your really after.

Sorry for being rude but...could you please clean that up alittle by any chance?

Lee
Ok i suggest using zagreuses turn based combat system in the demo section and i wanna know if there are any other turn based combat systems like zagreuses but simpler to code etc
In response to RagnarofBurland
Like I said, My battle System is cheap, and instead of making it turnbased with an actual turnbased engine, I just setup procs that give the opponet certain verbs and stuff, I`m thinking of a way to have Wild monsters as we speak, but so far nothing is coming to me

I looked into the Battle system Demo, it doesnt really suit my game well at all, I think of it as just plain annoying
MY Code:
//////////////////////////////////////////////////
///Leveling System by James"Nadrew"Smith ©2001///

//the next version will come with a html file for easier reading.//
//In this version I removed the Click Attack System since it seemed to be causing errors that many people dunno how to fix and I just think making a Click Attack System will be easy if you use this code and read it well//

//Ok first off we have to make the vars//

mob//This is the player//
var//this will start a var list//
Health=100//This Shows that the var health has a value of 100//
PL = 1000
Level=1//this shows that the var Level has a value of one//
Statup=0//This Shows that the Statup var has a value of Zero//
Exp=0//This Shows that the var Exp has a value of Zero//
MaxHealth=100//This Makes a Max Health var witch Will be used later//
MaxExp=100//This Makes a Max Exp var which will be used later//
MaxPL=1000
//You can make as many vars as you want using this method//

//Now to make a stat panel so the player can see What there Level and Exp//

Stat()//This shows that you are starting a stat panel//
statpanel("Stats")//This Names the statpanel Stats//
stat("Health","[usr.Health]/[usr.MaxHealth]")//This Names the First thing on the Statpanel Health and makes it show the users Health and Max Health on the same line which looks like this 100/100//
stat("PL","[usr.PL]/[usr.MaxPL]")
stat("Level",Level)//This Names the Second stat on the panel Level and the , then the word Level show you are using the var Level//
stat("Experience","[usr.Exp]/[usr.MaxExp]")//This Names the Third stat in the panel Experience and the , then the word Exp shows you are using the Exp var for that stat and this will look like this 0/100 //

//You can make as many stats as you need as long as you make vars to go with them//

//The File Level_System2.dm will show you how to make Exp and Level interact//
//As you have Noticed I didn't use the Statup var in the statpanel because it is not nesscery for the usr to see it//

//I assume you have a attack system already but if not I will use a simple verb based one//

mob/verb/Attack(mob/M in oview(1))//This Makes a verb named attack and also makes it so you can't attack yourself//
set src in oview(1)
set category="Attacks"//This Puts the Attack verb under a tab called Attacks//
var/damage=20*usr.Level//This maked a var called damage and makes the damage var when used take 20 times the usrs Level//

usr.MaxPL += rand(10,20)
usr.Exp += 5
src.PL -= 5
usr.Statup+=1//This makes it so for every sucessful attack the usrs Statup var gets one point to it this will come in handy soon//
M<<"[usr] has attacked you"//This tells M player being attack who has attacked him/her//
M.Health-=damage//This puts the Health var and damage var to work it takes the amount defined above from the person being attacked Health//

if(M.Health<=0)//This makes something happen if the person being attacked Health is at zero or below Zero//
world<<"[M] has died"//This Tells the whole game that the person being attacked has died//
M<<"Your Dead"//This Tells the person being attacked that he/she has died//
usr.Exp+=10//This Gives you 10 Experience Points after you have killed someone or you could put this right before the if statement so it will give the Exp everytime you attack someone//
M.loc=locate(2,2,1)//This moves the person being attacked to a location of your choice//

if(usr.Exp>=usr.MaxExp)//This Will make it so you can make something happen if Your Exp excedes your Max Exp in this case it doubles Max Exp and adds a Level//
usr.Level+=1//This makes it so when the usrs Exp is at 100 there level will go up one//
usr.Exp=0//This resets the usrs Exp so it can go up to 100 again and add another Level//
usr.MaxExp+=50//This Doubles the users MaxExp by 2 every time a level is gained
usr<<"You have gained a Level"//This tells the usr that he/she has gained a Level//

//Now its Time to make a sorta statup system//
if(usr.Statup>=20)//This Makes it so you can make something happen if the usrs Statup var has a 20+ value//
usr.Health+=30//This adds 30 to the Health var and to the Health thing on the statpanel//
usr.MaxHealth+=30
usr.Statup=0//This resets the usrs Statup to Zero so the next StatRaise will be in 20 more attacks//

//If you have any suggestions or questions or bug reports send them to me at [email protected]//
/*A shop system maybe put in within the next 2-3 versions just so you don't have to work on making other libs work with this one*/

Unless you want to change the Stats like HP100 stuff like that change it.If u don't.Don't touch this coding.Don't copy what i ust typed.

In response to SSJ4_Gohan_Majin
Or you can just download MY code from here.
In response to Nadrew
lol, man i was just waiting you to reply. Soon as i read the first line i knew it was your code. That guy is a complete newbie to the forum. He didn't even know what it was for.
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
MY Code:
///Leveling System by James"Nadrew"Smith ©2001///

//the next version will come with a html file for easier reading.//
//In this version I removed the Click Attack System since it seemed to be causing errors that many people dunno how to fix and I just think making a Click Attack System will be easy if you use this code and read it well//

//Ok first off we have to make the vars//

mob//This is the player//
var//this will start a var list//
Health=100//This Shows that the var health has a value of 100//
PL = 1000
Level=1//this shows that the var Level has a value of one//
Statup=0//This Shows that the Statup var has a value of Zero//
Exp=0//This Shows that the var Exp has a value of Zero//
MaxHealth=100//This Makes a Max Health var witch Will be used later//
MaxExp=100//This Makes a Max Exp var which will be used later//
MaxPL=1000
//You can make as many vars as you want using this method//

//Now to make a stat panel so the player can see What there Level and Exp//

Stat()//This shows that you are starting a stat panel//
statpanel("Stats")//This Names the statpanel Stats//
stat("Health","[usr.Health]/[usr.MaxHealth]")//This Names the First thing on the Statpanel Health and makes it show the users Health and Max Health on the same line which looks like this 100/100//
stat("PL","[usr.PL]/[usr.MaxPL]")
stat("Level",Level)//This Names the Second stat on the panel Level and the , then the word Level show you are using the var Level//
stat("Experience","[usr.Exp]/[usr.MaxExp]")//This Names the Third stat in the panel Experience and the , then the word Exp shows you are using the Exp var for that stat and this will look like this 0/100 //

//You can make as many stats as you need as long as you make vars to go with them//

//The File Level_System2.dm will show you how to make Exp and Level interact//
//As you have Noticed I didn't use the Statup var in the statpanel because it is not nesscery for the usr to see it//

//I assume you have a attack system already but if not I will use a simple verb based one//

mob/verb/Attack(mob/M in oview(1))//This Makes a verb named attack and also makes it so you can't attack yourself//
set src in oview(1)
set category="Attacks"//This Puts the Attack verb under a tab called Attacks//
var/damage=20*usr.Level//This maked a var called damage and makes the damage var when used take 20 times the usrs Level//

usr.MaxPL += rand(10,20)
usr.Exp += 5
src.PL -= 5
usr.Statup+=1//This makes it so for every sucessful attack the usrs Statup var gets one point to it this will come in handy soon//
M<<"[usr] has attacked you"//This tells M player being attack who has attacked him/her//
M.Health-=damage//This puts the Health var and damage var to work it takes the amount defined above from the person being attacked Health//

if(M.Health<=0)//This makes something happen if the person being attacked Health is at zero or below Zero//
world<<"[M] has died"//This Tells the whole game that the person being attacked has died//
M<<"Your Dead"//This Tells the person being attacked that he/she has died//
usr.Exp+=10//This Gives you 10 Experience Points after you have killed someone or you could put this right before the if statement so it will give the Exp everytime you attack someone//
M.loc=locate(2,2,1)//This moves the person being attacked to a location of your choice//

if(usr.Exp>=usr.MaxExp)//This Will make it so you can make something happen if Your Exp excedes your Max Exp in this case it doubles Max Exp and adds a Level//
usr.Level+=1//This makes it so when the usrs Exp is at 100 there level will go up one//
usr.Exp=0//This resets the usrs Exp so it can go up to 100 again and add another Level//
usr.MaxExp+=50//This Doubles the users MaxExp by 2 every time a level is gained
usr<<"You have gained a Level"//This tells the usr that he/she has gained a Level//

//Now its Time to make a sorta statup system//
if(usr.Statup>=20)//This Makes it so you can make something happen if the usrs Statup var has a 20+ value//
usr.Health+=30//This adds 30 to the Health var and to the Health thing on the statpanel//
usr.MaxHealth+=30
usr.Statup=0//This resets the usrs Statup to Zero so the next StatRaise will be in 20 more attacks//

//If you have any suggestions or questions or bug reports send them to me at [email protected]//
/*A shop system maybe put in within the next 2-3 versions just so you don't have to work on making other libs work with this one*/

Unless you want to change the Stats like HP100 stuff like that change it.If u don't.Don't touch this coding.Don't copy what i ust typed.

First off...I said I was going to try to avoid using this one not because I dont like it because I think its a great system its just I dont want it to be level based.

Secondly, DONT copy or imitate others work and say it is your own doing as I for one could tell you besides the others that you did not code that, nor did you type it and you cant say we cant copy that because it isnt yours. If we wanted to use Nadrew's leveling system, we would include the file...not copy/paste it like you did.

Third, If I wanted to use this I would know which parts to change in it to actually make it have longer level gaining or shorter level gaining...as I and others know its basic knowledge.

Fourth, Please do not do this again by copying "whole" libraries/tutorials/demos code snippets and paste them onto the BYOND Forum as you wont get away with saying its yours because people know about them and they know who made them...why? Because they have either been read through, posted on here about the release dates or actually been or in use by others. Every library has either been used. I use alot of libraries myself. So dont copy others work, say its yours and then think you can get away with it...

Its like robbing a bank (broad daylight, public in there too) with no weapon at all with police there (with there weapons) and saying "Hand me the money or I will shoot every person in the building with my 'Gun'!"

Its stupid and the male or female who attempted to do that would certainly not get the money as they would get laughed at and they would have soo much piss taken out of them right there in broad daylight with the public there to see it all.

I hope you learned your lesson.

Lee
I DIDN'T MEAN THAT IT WAS MY CODE I MEANT IT WAS MY CODE I HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SSJ4_Gohan_Majin wrote:
I DIDN'T MEAN THAT IT WAS MY CODE I MEANT IT WAS MY CODE I HAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Calm down.

You dont need to go overboard just because of what I said, they are only pointers to you. Sorry if I got the wrong meaning of what you intended us to get but it looked like you wrote it as though it was yours.

So sorry yet again ok, just next time write it alittle different like saying this is "'Nadrews' leveling system, use this, I find it quite good and its widely used" Instead of putting it as though its yours. But everyone has their mistakes so I will say Sorry again.

Lee
Page: 1 2