ID:179429

Currently I'm using 2-3 maps in my game, of varying sizes.
My problem is that some of the maps seem to overlap the map the player is on.

For example:
I might have a city map that's 10x10 and a world map that's 30x30. If a player respawns (I'm using Deadron's character handling lib including location saving) within the first 10x10 area of the world map, it will appear that he is at the same location on the city map. Moving will solve this, but it's disconcerting at first and can give info to players who shouldn't have it (Oh, my arch enemy is in THAT room! Well, let's go kill him although we really should have NO clue where he is).

Also, if one is on the city map and goes to the edge of the city, unless there is an opaque turf and/or object blocking the view, the player can see the surrounding terrain of the world map!?!?

Any ideas on why this is happening and how to prevent it? To clarify, I am using multiple .dmp files, not different parts of a .dmp file.

Sapphiremagus
Byond doesn't support maps of different sizes yet. Just keep them all the same size and fill in the unwanted space with black squares or "filler."
In response to GateGuardian
Ok, that solves the problem of seeing the map that is overlapped from the smaller map, but they still overlap when I log in. After I make a character and quit out, then relog back in, the screen appears to be black until I move (ie. I see the filler). *sigh* Ah well. Thanks for the help =)

<font color = #0000FF>Sapphiremagus</font>
In response to sapphiremagus
Make your default turf like a black no see thru type icon. And then just use the same size maps.

LJR
In response to LordJR
For best results, name the default turf "".