ID:1794410

Applies to:Webclient

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
I know that tom or someone from the beyond community said that the webcilent can't be for singleplayer mode get this the webcilent can be for singleplayer mode, how? Well i think everyone knows the new applications of this days that allows u to download flashgames from the internet to your device and since the webcilent is flash and blah blah blah downloading a game from BYOND allows you to play it on your computer or tablet
So can developers have a option where they can upload the.swf file of there games and then people plays on there browser ?
The web client isn't flash. It's written in Dart. It's not capable of running single player games because Tom has no plans of porting BYOND's VM to HTML5.

Honestly, the only way I could see this being feasible would be for Tom to write a DM->Dart transcompiler and basically completely rewrite BYOND from the ground up in Dart. I doubt that's going to happen, though.
It could be feasible if you packaged the game with a basic Chrome Embedded Framework wrapper and Dream Daemon, hosting the game in a special format that would allow the client to join said world within the standalone browser wrapper.
Ironically, I read this post immediately after I posted here, which is basically Tom saying the same idea.