In response to Kumorii
Kumorii wrote:
I was at a rave last night and my shoe was puked on. (Y)

Well, I guess that was food at some point...

In response to Flick
Some people have no food. Think about the less fortunate and be grateful goddammit.
well people eat mcdonalds, thats pretty much the equivalent of puke on a bun.
In response to EmpirezTeam
I've had McDonalds once, in my entire life. Come at me McDonalds lovers.
Right, I never will... in my life... eat mcdonalds
Let's all dis McDonald's even though we all eat heat up noodles and frozen pizzas.
I dunno, I'm a bit too middle class for freeze dried noodles and frozen pizzas still.

McDonalds has it's time and place, like most things though. I'd guess it's a once every 6 months deal for me, when I'm in some place or at some event where eating in a sit down way would frankly get in the way of some time-sensitive activities. Like ... conventions.

Anyway, on my own food adventures, I should be doing on of these later in the week:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/salmon_wellington_86468

It works out really well, provided you ditch the cucumber and honey, and go for a crab pate. I'd prefer a beef wellington, mind, but my housemates are both women that "don't do" rare red meat, which is basically what makes a beef wellington tasty. =/ Frustrating stuff, because you don't exactly make the things to be single serve, and beef wellington doesn't really reheat.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
Let's all dis McDonald's even though we all eat heat up noodles and frozen pizzas.

this guy sounds offended.

he must be a mcdonalds fan. lel.
I'm not really offended although I like McDonalnds, I just find people's food preferences laughable sometimes.

They'll say one kind of food, or fast food restaurant is the worst, like it's horrible. Then they go make dinner, or should I say heat up dinner?

It's a ridiculous thing this generation does and it just grinds my gears.
bruh.

Ramen Noodles
- cheaper
- tastes better
- not soaked in ammonia and slime
- more convenient
- everyone who is anyone eats it
- from japanese people ( the same people who invented pokeballs, kamehamehas and shurikens )

Mcdonalds
- cheap but still more expensive than ramen
- tastes like ground anus
- is ammonia soaked slime
- less convenient ( you have to drive to a mcdonalds to get mcdonalds whereas you can just buy noodles in a pack and not have to leave back out the house for more for a week or two )
- is prepared by 40 year old middle school drop outs who will drop your burger on the ground and still serve it to you because they couldn't care less
- has a creepy clown mascot who looks and sounds like a rapist
- the toys included always suck, its literally more fun to play with your toes than with a mcderpalds toy
- theres always urine over the toilets and poop smeared on the walls in the restroom, good luck taking a dump in a mcdonalds
- the ceo's last name is Easterbrook, i mean seriously what kind of name is Easterbrook
- from americans ( the same people who worship miley cyrus and justin bieber )

nuff said
EmpirezTeam wrote:
bruh.

Ramen Noodles
- cheaper
- tastes better
- not soaked in ammonia and slime
- more convenient
- everyone who is anyone eats it
- from japanese people ( the same people who invented pokeballs, kamehamehas and shurikens )

Mcdonalds
- cheap but still more expensive than ramen
- tastes like ground anus
- is ammonia soaked slime
- less convenient ( you have to drive to a mcdonalds to get mcdonalds whereas you can just buy noodles in a pack and not have to leave back out the house for more for a week or two )
- is prepared by 40 year old middle school drop outs who will drop your burger on the ground and still serve it to you because they couldn't care less
- has a creepy clown mascot who looks and sounds like a rapist
- the toys included always suck, its literally more fun to play with your toes than with a mcderpalds toy
- from americans ( the same people who worship miley cyrus and justin bieber )

nuff said

++ I must say. In all the years I've had Ramen, it's never caused the pain in my neck I usually get after eating McDonalds for a while. In my defense, I can only assume that Ramen is healthier than McDonalds. And, this further backs up ETs post. Plus, it's made by the japs. Everyone loves Asians. I dated an Asian once and she was an amazing woman.
I'll actually make my own ramen noodles from scratch at times using whole wheat flour. Not only is it way more delicious and healthy, but it actually comes to be about the same price -- perhaps even cheaper -- as packaged instant ramen even with the spices and veggies I put inside.

But you guys just want to drive through or microwave, so whatever.
I've never had ramen in my life. Come at me.
In response to Fugsnarf
I tried making pasta once, and it ended up as a horrible, elastic travesty. Do you have a particular recipe you follow for the noodles? I imagine it would potentially be applicable to other pastas.
In response to Fugsnarf
Fugsnarf wrote:
I'll actually make my own ramen noodles from scratch at times using whole wheat flour. Not only is it way more delicious and healthy, but it actually comes to be about the same price -- perhaps even cheaper -- as packaged instant ramen even with the spices and veggies I put inside.

But you guys just want to drive through or microwave, so whatever.

I made mines before. they turned out to be more like long peepee dumplings instead of actual noodles. I apparently didn't let it rest enough. It still tasted good though. How do you make your broth?
In response to Stephen001
Stephen001 wrote:
I tried making pasta once, and it ended up as a horrible, elastic travesty. Do you have a particular recipe you follow for the noodles? I imagine it would potentially be applicable to other pastas.

For ramen I just googled this: http://www.instructables.com/id/ How-to-make-REAL-Japanese-ramen-from-scratch/?ALLSTEPS

I'm no chef, but, this was a good howto.
I eat McDonald's all the time. I work at 2:30am and nobody at the house eats dinner til like 8pm... when I'm asleep. So it's either starve to death or eat my lonely little grease bag for dinner by myself at noon. :(
In response to Xirre
Ah ha I see, it's a /lot/ less egg bound than most pastas. This was the problem I had with the pasta, you needed about 6 egg yolks for it, meaning it resisted rolling a bunch, and tended to shrink back before you'd done cutting and sealing it.
In response to Unwanted4Murder
I assume "buy my own stuff, cook it" is a no-no or such?
In response to Stephen001
Not really a "no no." I'm just a terrible cook. I've been known to burn eggs.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6