In response to Ter13
It depends on the person. Some people like me I look at my project and I'm like "there's more, there's still so much more, I've barley started. What more can I add, what idea can I use that no one has thought of yet" while others will be on the other side of the spectrum where there proud for every line of code they do. I also don't mind critiques (as long as they aren't worded in a rude manner) and plus I don't have a schema for the person you were before I'm judging you just based of what I see today or present tense. Cause I'm new here and don't know any of you guys. And we all make mistakes sometimes we misjudge how people will react to certain things.

im kind of interested what you mean by challenge. How do you see challenge?
What do I have to do to get Ter to tell me to fuck off?
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
What do I have to do to get Ter to tell me to fuck off?

Simply fuck off. That's the best I can think of.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Let's all just chill out and make cool stuff, K?

Where's the fun in that
Lets just ignore the forum and be productive :P
In response to Lige
Lige wrote:
Ter13 wrote:
I like you ter, your always so sensible. Sometimes people on the Internet forgot there's actual real people behind those keyboards and your definatley not one of those.

I... Actually don't deserve that. I sometimes forget that my approach isn't always what people need to hear. Tom and I have had some heart to hearts about my manner of speaking to people since I've been back. Tom's largely been the one in the right.

I appreciate the sentiment, but I've still got stuff I need to improve on. Particularly in my manner of dealing with actual human beings.

Made me laugh :)

If we could all just focus the effort and energy we spend reading and arguing about nothing on the forums into making games we'd be golden. Problem is, we're all just people, and for the most part we're amateur hobbyist programmers with real lives and a real lack of discipline. Lots of young people and dabblers. It's a tough thing to stay motivated and actually follow through and finish a project. I think the thing we need as much as basic programming training is a class in project organization and self discipline :P

I probably should have spent some time in the military. Maybe it would have beat this procrastinationist streak out of me :)
You would've gotten a few more things beaten into you as well.
In response to Phat T
Phat T wrote:

Pretty much (:
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I can't tell if this is a sexual joke or a serious one pertaining to physical punishment.
In response to Kozuma3
Kozuma3 wrote:
Phat T wrote:

Pretty much (:

I started already. Every now and then I pop in to take a quick break.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

I can't tell if this is a sexual joke or a serious one pertaining to physical punishment.

Or maybe it's a threat. As in, I'm going to show up one day at the army base he's in and teach him a lesson or two. Make him drop down and give me 50. That sort of thing.
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
Xirre wrote:
EmpirezTeam wrote:

Or maybe it's a threat. As in, I'm going to show up one day at the army base he's in and teach him a lesson or two. Make him drop down and give me 50. That sort of thing.

I'd like to see you try... ;)
Platformer might have a big announcement coming soon if everything goes right =')

1000 AI with 3 players all activate with no "lag" while also testing out a minimap system I made.

In response to Kozuma3
I really like this hud... simple and appealing to me.
In response to Arestocracy
Arestocracy wrote:
I really like this hud... simple and appealing to me.

It's all changing for the better, just need time and luck that my artist sticks with me :')
I think the hud is trash. It takes up too much space. And the chat isn't able to be hidden. But, you've kept at it. Which is all that matters. :)
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
I think the hud is trash. It takes up too much space. And the chat isn't able to be hidden. But, you've kept at it. Which is all that matters. :)

The chat has been replaced with an output, it runs so much smoother now not having to render all that useless space.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6