ID:179482

Has anyone thought of making a common newbie pitfall demo/tutorial? It seems like some issues are addressed over and over again because people stumble over them. Some issues to mention could be:

1) oview() doesn't default arround the src
2) usr isn't necessarily the player, it's the original initiator of the sequence of verbs/procs
3) if M is a mob then M.loc is the turf it's in and M.loc.loc is the area that the mob is in.

I can't think of anymore at the moment but I know there's more.
English wrote:
Has anyone thought of making a common newbie pitfall demo/tutorial? It seems like some issues are addressed over and over again because people stumble over them. Some issues to mention could be:

Check out the FAQ at the left which has lots of newbie info. If you want to add a section, email it to me.
In response to Deadron
Maybe you should consider renaming the FAQ to "Newbies!".
In response to Foomer
Foomer wrote:
Maybe you should consider renaming the FAQ to "Newbies!".

Or, "Free DBZ icons and code!"

flick()
In response to Flick
I was going to release a source code for a DBZ game i started with over 50 icons; but i decided not to as people would just edit stuff and call in "their game."

<font color="red"> Super saiyan3</font>
In response to Super saiyan3
Super saiyan3 wrote:
I was going to release a source code for a DBZ game i started with over 50 icons; but i decided not to as people would just edit stuff and call in "their game."

<font color="red"> Super saiyan3</font>

Thank You!

flick()

p.s. Close your tags :P
In response to Flick
In response to Super saiyan3
Super saiyan3 wrote:

"..." doesn't mean anything. It's a mark of punctuation, nothing more. Speak English; otherwise you're just wasting a post.

Lummox JR
In response to Deadron
Ron, did you get my email, about movement delay being added?
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Ron, did you get my email, about movement delay being added?

Yes. I'll get to it as it reaches the top of the stack. (May even have an old Spuzzum submission to get in somewhere...)
In response to Deadron
Okay :)