ID:179511

I was working on my game when I decided to test some new features I'd coded. It compiled fine, no errors, nada . . .

Run the game though, and lo! All turfs are black! Everything else is visible as normal, but the turfs suddenly turned black!?!? Any ideas? I already removed the new code items, so they can't be causing the problem (or can they?)

Sapphiremagus
Did you get a message about corrupt dmi files by chance? I've had that happen in one of my games before, where everything under my grass.dmi file turned to black, which included basically all of my terrain, and didn't make for a very colorful game :oP

If you see an error message when you run the thing, that's the problem, but it's probably something else in which case I haven't a clue.
In response to Foomer
No, no errors like that. I think I should point out that this only happens when the game is run. Everything looks fine when working on the map

<font color = #0000FF>Sapphiremagus</font>
In response to sapphiremagus
Dont know what happened, but here's how I fixed it (in case it happens to you):

I simply commented out everything except turfs and basic mobs, and recompiled. Evidently it worked, because my grass was green again! =P I gradually removed comments to bring back sections of code, and it all integrated fine. Go figure . .

Anyway, I'll leave this up for a day or two, then remove the post since the problem no longer exists.

<font color=#0000FF>Sapphiremagus</font>