ID:179575

Quick question, if you create something as new(), does that create a resource that must be checked, and to prevent too many of these should I also have a Del or kill for all the new() I create?

LJR
LordJR wrote:
Quick question, if you create something as new(), does that create a resource that must be checked, and to prevent too many of these should I also have a Del or kill for all the new() I create?

LJR

resource? as far as i know, your entire resource is compiled along with the game. Unless you have a code in the game where a file is added to the resource, such as letting your players play songs.

maybe im thinking of the wrong resource?

FIREking
BYOND handles garbage collection very well on its own, so you have no need to fear a memory leak if you forget to del() something. Any object that is not referenced by any other objects will be deleted automatically.

The only exception is a mob with it's key value set. Dantom left this in as a "poor man's save system". If when a player logs out, you move the mob to null, it will still be available when the player logs back in.