ID:179627

mob
bartender
icon = 'bartender.dmi'
Click()
usr << "Bartender: I cannot sell to you yet"

I want it so a box comes up and asks you 'buy' 'sell' and 'exit' but i can figure out exit and sell if you can tell how it goes when you select buy to ask you to buy a potion? this will solve alot of ingame problems if i no this code so please help me.
Look up "switch()" "input()" "in" and "lists" in the reference.
In response to Nadrew
you always tell me to look it up, well i cant find it, if i did, i wouldnt be asking would i. Your slower than i thought
btw, this is Necron. Not Seld.
In response to Selderan
No, because when someone gives you the code you don't learn about it,and when you look it up you will learn how to actually do it for yourself.
THere are many demos and libraries that do this. You should check out them out. And no, not copy and paste, look at the code, and study it.
In response to Nadrew
bullsh*t, (not sure im allowed to curse on the forum) i can figure out what i did wrong if the code is right there, so i can see where i went wrong, and ill no how to fix it in the future. Didnt you ever do this in school with tests, and how when you got a question wrong you looked at someone elses paper (note after it was scored) and see where you went wrong?
In response to Sariat
thats what i always do sariat
In response to Selderan
Then...why do you ask questions that are solved just a few clicks and studying time away?

-Download the code
-STUDY the code
-Implement the code to your game
In response to Sariat
we did that, its not what we wanted. I am not sure of the demo name, but we got the bartender thing going, by that but it wasnt click and pop up stuff, it was verbs and we didnt want that. I can make the pop up box now. But it screws up where the second box is supossed to come up. I just erased the code so when i write it over tomorrow, i will paste it and look for help.
In response to Selderan
I wouldn't know much about looking at other papers in school, I got straight A's and am currently taking pre-college courses from my home to prepair myself for college next year, did I tell you I'm only 14?
In response to Nadrew
Good for you Nadrew....(flinches with pain)

Thank you for sharing that you are the next Genious of the world. I know that your not bragging, becuase this is your personality :)

-Public School Attending, Sariat
In response to Nadrew
Necron: wow. You know what. I dont care. im 14 aswell, and im not afraid to admit it. I simply dont give a shit. its that simple. You might try and look big but y'know what. People like you get beaten every day by people like me in school. And in canada, its a numeral system not vague As and Bs. its 98% 65% 32% etc.
In response to Selderan
lol
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I got straight A's and am currently taking pre-college courses from my home to prepair myself for college next year, did I tell you I'm only 14?

Hey im doing that too Im also taking the ACT and SAT I
In response to Air _King
Air _King wrote:
Nadrew wrote:
I got straight A's and am currently taking pre-college courses from my home to prepair myself for college next year, did I tell you I'm only 14?

Hey im doing that too Im also taking the ACT and SAT I

thats just swell!

FIREking