ID:179695

I have began downloadfin g this (30 mins to downlaod for me). Then I loved it. I began reading th docs and stuff ans looked at the examples and said wow, how can something with horrible art and ok music be so great. The downside is its kinda slow. Anyways I have no idea where to start I made a few title got to know the map editor and made my first non interactive map with in about 15 mins. Then I read more on the editor to get more power and i did. Now I have looked at the tuts and well there really any tuts. They are just demos throwing stuff at you. I read almost everything in here as in faq, guide and some ref.

It realy just boils down to I really set my standerds high for a game and yet I dont know whats hard and whats no hard. So I am asking what a good first project?
It realy just boils down to I really set my standerds high for a game and yet I dont know whats hard and whats no hard. So I am asking what a good first project?

Welcome to BYOND!

Don't fret about the training materials -- no one can possibly absorb all of it in one sitting. It'll probably take you at least a few weeks before you really start to see how things fit together. All of us have gone through the "newbie" phase at some point.

A good first project would be something small, like maybe a simple board game or one-player adventure game (kind of like the "A Step BYOND" tutorial). Once you've done that, you'll have not only a lot more knowledge of the system, but also a lot more confidence in tackling a larger project.

Enjoy!