ID:179738

Ok when I setup the animation for my characters I made animations for movement North, South, East, and West. Only problem as some of you have seen the animations don't stop!

What do I need to setup so the characters only use the animations when they are moving?

LJR
LordJR wrote:
Ok when I setup the animation for my characters I made animations for movement North, South, East, and West. Only problem as some of you have seen the animations don't stop!

What do I need to setup so the characters only use the animations when they are moving?

LJR

You probably know how to make an icon_state well in the same box you name icon_states in you click the little check box and a M should appear next to the icon.
In response to Nadrew

You probably know how to make an icon_state well in the same box you name icon_states in you click the little check box and a M should appear next to the icon.

Hmm kinda brief, but I found it, never saw that before. Well I already have 16 frames of animation for my two characters. Do I need to remove the movie and just setup the states like Walk_South1, Walk_South2? Or do I just need to make a still shot for each of the directions when they are standing and not moving? And refer to the animations when they are moving? The offer of North, South, East, West and they work with the character so well, lead me to believe I didn't need to create icon_states for them. So kinda torn between should I just use animations/icon_states/or both??

LJR
In response to LordJR
You will need to create a "movie" icon state (by clicking on the camera icon), or choose an existing icon and select "edit as movie" from the menus. That will allow you to choose the movement directions (1, 4, or 8 directions) and the number of frames in the animation.
In response to Gughunter
Whut Nadrew means is right-click the movie icon and set it as a movement state
In response to Bonzi
Bonzi wrote:
Whut Nadrew means is right-click the movie icon and set it as a movement state

OMG!!! Coolness
Yeah with all the help Byond already gives you I was wondering about that!! It works like a charm.. The animations were already there, and it didn't take any coding that which I'm used to, in order to make that happen when programming in C/C++.

Thanks!!!
Another problem bites the dust, uh hah!!!

LJR