ID:179740

How do i Make the shortSword, appear in my inventory?
here is the code but the short sword won't show up in my inventory. All it does is dissapear and dosent show up in my inventory at all.

mob
Stat()
statpanel("Inventory")
stat(contents)

obj/Shortsword/verb/pick_up()
set src in oview(1)
src.loc=locate(usr)
Selderan wrote:
mob
Stat()
statpanel("Inventory")
stat(contents)

set src in oview(1)
<font color=red>src.loc=locate(usr)</font>

The last line is your problem. What exactly does it do? In English, you might read that line as "Set the sword's location to the same as the user's location." Or, "pick up the sword and drop it at the user's feet." In other words, it moves the sword to the same map space that you're standing on. Nothing more, nothing less. You want to move it to the user himself, right? "Pick up the sword and put it in his bag of contents." Try that instead.
Selderan wrote:
How do i Make the shortSword, appear in my inventory?
here is the code but the short sword won't show up in my inventory. All it does is dissapear and dosent show up in my inventory at all.

mob
Stat()
statpanel("Inventory")
stat(contents)

set src in oview(1)
src.loc=locate(usr)

and on a side note. how do i get the info button to appear on the side between pager and browser instead of under the walking view. This is messed up and i want it to be in the info. When i was testing this on another computer i maximized the program and the info bar was there. However like in dragon warrior online, its ALWAYS there. Whats going on with that? and is there a way i can make it like dwo?
In response to Selderan
and on a side note. how do i get the info button to appear on the side between pager and browser instead of under the walking view. This is messed up and i want it to be in the info. When i was testing this on another computer i maximized the program and the info bar was there. However like in dragon warrior online, its ALWAYS there. Whats going on with that? and is there a way i can make it like dwo?

Try searching the forum for an answer for once. [link]
In response to Air Mapster
n/m already figured it out. Sorry for your inconvience.