ID:179746

There isnt any way to disable them is there? I want to make it possible to input things with a verb, but I dont want the player to know they can input them and these automatic features are really getting in the way, like how it gives you a list of all possible inputs if you press space, or if you just type in or click the verb it gives you a popup with a list of them all. I dont want that! help, how do I get rid of it?
Skrylan wrote:
There isnt any way to disable them is there? I want to make it possible to input things with a verb, but I dont want the player to know they can input them and these automatic features are really getting in the way, like how it gives you a list of all possible inputs if you press space, or if you just type in or click the verb it gives you a popup with a list of them all. I dont want that! help, how do I get rid of it?

Look up hidden as in set hidden

eg:

mob/verb/Hidden_verb()
set hidden = 1
usr<<"TADA!"
In response to Nadrew
You misunderstood, I dont want to make the verb invisible I want to make possible selections from a list invisible.

mob/verb/dothis(obj/O as obj in usr.contents)

a verb like that if you click on it will give you a popup list of all items in your contents and I DONT want that. For typed verbs especially but maybe for clicked verbs it could just return 'Do this with what?' or something.
In response to Skrylan
Skrylan wrote:
You misunderstood, I dont want to make the verb invisible I want to make possible selections from a list invisible.

a verb like that if you click on it will give you a popup list of all items in your contents and I DONT want that. For typed verbs especially but maybe for clicked verbs it could just return 'Do this with what?' or something.

mob/verb/Show_Items()
var/Shown = input("Contents")in list("[usr.contents]"))
In response to Nadrew
That just plain doesn't work.
In response to Skrylan
I'm sorry about giving you bad code, I've been having a really bad day. I'll try helping you out tomarrow, my grandfather died a few hours ago and I'm not quite right at the moment.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
> mob/verb/Show_Items()
> var/Shown = input("Contents")in list("[usr.contents]"))
>

mob/verb/Show_Items()
var/shown = input(src,"Thine Inventory") in src.contents
In response to Skrylan
Skrylan wrote:

mob/verb/dothis(obj/O as obj<font color=#ffffa0>|null</font. in usr.contents)
if(!O) return // or do something else if they forgot to type in O
// rest of verb goes here

That will prevent the popup. To prevent the auto-fill-in when they hit space on the command line, you could make O a plain text variable, then in the verb search through the inventory to find an object with a matching name.
In response to Shadowdarke
Hey thats cool, I just made a little verb where you can type "look at skrylan" where skrylan is the only mob in the world, and it goes like this "[verb] [list("at") [text]]" so you just type in what you want to look at with propper grammer because of the "at" and if you type in the name of something in the world, it gives an okay, if not, it asks you what you're aiming at? Great!

Now I just need it to stop looking for certain caps.