ID:179747

i have an equip code but i get a runtime error everytime here it is:runtime error: type mismatch
proc name: equip (/mob/verb/equip)
usr: Vegetto5748 (/mob)
src: Vegetto5748 (/mob)
call stack:
Vegetto5748 (/mob): equip()

can anyone tell me whats wrong with this code? mob
verb
equip()
if(usr.contents<=1)
usr<<"You equip the item"
else
usr<<"You dont have any itmes"
return
Vegetto5748 wrote:
i have an equip code but i get a runtime error everytime here it is:runtime error: type mismatch
proc name: equip (/mob/verb/equip)
usr: Vegetto5748 (/mob)
src: Vegetto5748 (/mob)
call stack:
Vegetto5748 (/mob): equip()

can anyone tell me whats wrong with this code? mob
verb
equip()
if(usr.contents<=1)
else
return

contents isn't a number, try downloading my weapon system in the demos section it will help you.
Vegetto5748 wrote:
verb
equip()
if(usr.contents<=1)
else
return

There are actually a couple of problems here. For one thing, as Nadrew mentioned, usr.contents isn't a number; it's a list, so comparing it to 1 is giving you that error. The other problem is that your code doesn't really do anything; it just prints out a message.
I suggest this instead:
var/obj/weapon

verb
equip(O as obj)
set src in usr
if(weapon==O) return
if(!O.isweapon)
usr << "You can't equip [O]."
return
if(weapon)
unequip(weapon)
if(weapon) return // in case unequip didn't work
usr << "You equip [O]."
weapon=O

Each obj should have var/isweapon set, with weapons setting this to 1 and other items set to 0. There are lots of other ways to do this, though, and this is a pretty simple example. (Notice you also need an unequip verb that sets weapon=null. This code will automatically unequip your current weapon and replace it with a different one.) My preferred method would be to create a lot of objects like this:

obj/item/equipment/weapon
obj/item/equipment/armor
obj/item/equipment/shield

A more sophisticated system would then declare equip(obj/item/equipment/O), which would limit the list to only equippable items. Fancier equipment systems are also possible.

Lummox JR