ID:179751

I have a problem, when I host my game, I have people come in and say that they get tons of errors saying the icon files are corrupted. But it compiles fine, and I see everything perfectly. One of my friends sees it fine as well, while everyone else sees corrupted icon files..... Can someone please help me? Thanks alot

~KnightRen
this happens in the rsc file, sometimes they can become currupted.

a quick and easy solution is to delete the file byond.rsc off of your computer, byond will then regenerate a brand new one.

byond.rsc is a file that contains each and every resource for every game you play. so if you often play games that get updated alot, or other games that change graphics/resources often, its only common sense that something bad could happen in there somewhere.

so i think your best bet, would be to tell those user's having trouble playing your game to clear their byond.rsc file.

the only downfall of this is that they will have to redownload resources for every game they want to play, all over again =(.

but its currently the only way to correct the problem.

FIREking

ps. file curruption could also happen if you are hosting a currupted file, and when they play, their files become currupted as well, meaning you could have just currupted alot of people! dont worry though, it only currupts the byond.rsc its self.
In response to FIREking
ok thanks alot, that fixed the problem

In response to KnightRen
ok, no problem.