ID:179760

ok, when one of my guys gets his PowerLevel and his Hit points up to 500,000 the numbers on his statpanel for PL and HP read 1e+006
how come, and can anybody help me with that problem???
Num2text

See also:
isnum proc
text2num proc
Format:
num2text(N,SigFig=6)
Returns:
A text string.
Args:
N: A number.
SigFig: Number of significant digits.
Get the text string for a number. The number of significant digits determines when scientific notation is used. The default is 6, so scientific notation will only be used when there are more than 6 digits.

Example:
T = num2text(12,1) // = "1.2e1"

In response to Pillsverry
sorry, but, umm...,
I'm kind of a "Newbie" at this so could you be more specific on how to put that in my .dm file??
thanks.
In response to BrollyX
Look up those operators in the reference.
In response to Nadrew
I, don't know , maybe Im just stupid or somethin but that realy didn't help me out. Any other way of sayin it?
In response to BrollyX
BrollyX wrote:
I, don't know , maybe Im just stupid or somethin but that realy didn't help me out. Any other way of sayin it?

K,
See on the left menu side bar there? Unders Developers? That would be you! Now click on the Reference Link.
May want to open the Reference Link in a new windows, so you can refer to the 1st reply to this message. Now go down the line and look for some he was talking about, line by line, most of that stuff you will find listed in the Reference area. Inside the Reference link it will tell you how it goes into your code and also what its for.

LJR
In response to LordJR
stat("Hp: ","[num2text(src.HP,30)]")

thats how it appears in my code