ID:179768

How can I do this the only way i can think is to make it an obj and but it in usr.contents but i want a differnt icon in each panel(like on sfc)
BurningIce wrote:
How can I do this the only way i can think is to make it an obj and but it in usr.contents but i want a differnt icon in each panel(like on sfc)

Use the \icon escape operator.
In response to Nadrew

That won't work.

You need to pass an obj into stat.

stat(new /obj)
In response to Spuzzum
Spuzzum wrote:

That won't work.

You need to pass an obj into stat.

stat(new /obj)

Oh, well I learned something new just now!
In response to Nadrew
Duh... sorry bout all the dumb questions I've been busy and havent code in a while so im a little rusty.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
BurningIce wrote:

As Spuzzum mentioned, that won't work. The reason it doesn't work, though, is that you can't use any formatted text in a stat panel. (Been there, done that.)

Lummox JR
In response to Spuzzum
good, now all have to do is figure out how to put an icon in the "verbs" category

In response to Nadrew
yes, and if you set a variable as an obj, and if that obj has an icon, and if that variable is displayed in the statpanel, then it will show an icon as well.

example:

obj
apple
icon = 'apple.dmi'
verb
getapple()
set src in oview(1)
src.Move(usr)
usr.apple = src
mob
var
apple = null
Stat()
statpanel("Stuff")
stat("Apple:",apple)

by using the verb, getapple(), the user's variable apple will become the object, and will then show its icon in the state panel wherever you displayed it, in this case, in the "Stuff" panel next to "Apple:"

FIREking