ID:179771

A couple of newbie Qs:

->If I add the code:

world
name = "test"

Is "test" going to be the name of my game on the hub or will it be the name of my .dme file ?

->How do i put a description of my world on the hub ?
(Alpha,Pre-alpha,...)

->Should i add Deadron's character handling lib (is it that
good ?) or should i make my own savefiles codes ?
I want to avoid bugs...

A couple of familiar coder As:
->If I add the code:

world
name = "test"

Is "test" going to be the name of my game on the hub or will it be the name of my .dme file ?

Neither,<big> "test" </big> will be the name that appears in pager.

->How do i put a description of my world on the hub ?
(Alpha,Pre-alpha,...)

You can set this in your hub entry under description, but the hub already has 3 choices, Alpha, Beta, Public but setting description will allow you to name it pre-alpha, pre-beta, etc...(Naming public gamma will keep up the pattern of greek, wonder why they don't.)

->Should i add Deadron's character handling lib (is it that
good ?) or should i make my own savefiles codes ?
I want to avoid bugs...

Well, as a newbie it would be a great idea to use deadron's snippets, atleast until you can design your own saving code, but trust me, its hard... well at least to me it is.
Also, anything from deadron would be valuable, after all, i havn't seen anyone better.
In response to SonVegitto
As for Deadrons library, its your choice really. It is the best library out there that does that kind of thing, but making your own can teach you a lot about savefiles, which is a valuable thing. Until you get your game playable, I dont see a reason for it really, so if you include it from the start its just extra hassle really.

thats my opinion, anyways
Alathon
In response to SonVegitto
You can set this in your hub entry under description, but the hub already has 3 choices, Alpha, Beta, Public but setting description will allow you to name it pre-alpha, pre-beta, etc...(Naming public gamma will keep up the pattern of greek, wonder why they don't.)

Actually, "gamma" is pre-release gameplay testing. That is, it's the final version of the game, and they try to get opinions on what aspects they should focus on the most before they start distributing it.

Once a game finishes gamma, it's public.

Normally, though, most people skip gamma, since the general feedback you get from people testing the game is generally limited to "it sucks" or "it's cool", rather than "well, I found the interface the nicest part of the game, and thus I would have to conclude that you should add something about an intuitive interface on the game box".