ID:1797773

(See the best response by Tom.)
I had the notion to try and create my own game for a short while and decided to have a look at the program that byond provides to do so. After a short while of relieasing I was out of my depth I closed the program down. When I wnt to do this it asked if I wanted to save what I had done. I selected no. This however still left a folder on my desktop.

This folder is somehow undeleteable. MY computer claims it is being used by other programs and since its creation byond has become more and more unstable. At this moment in time I have uninstalled byond because it was just not working at all. Still this folder called 1 remains on my desktop. I have managed to delete the files within but the folder itself will not let me change it from read only. If I try and delete it is constantly says it is being used by another program.
Best response
That's very strange. What is the name of the folder and what was inside it? I can't think of any reason DM would do this, so I'm wondering if it's related to something else.
the folder is called 1

inside it were 3 files. they are all called 1 also but have diffrent extentions. 1.int was one of them the other two were a code file and a byond skin file called 1 also.

I managed to delete the files within but the folder itself will not go way.
In response to NXP
Try rebooting your computer, and then deleting it. That'll close any program that might be fiddling with it (or should).
I have tried that already. Even if no programs are active. (i checked the task manager) it still will not allow me to delete it. It says that it is being used by another program. Also the folder will not let me remove the read only property from it.
Open up the elevated cmd prompt (assuming Windows). Then type
rmdir /S /Q your_folder_path