ID:179795

I dont know how to make it where a character when they die, go somewhere else, instead it just logs them out of the server when they are killed, could you please help me? Thanks alot,

~KnightRen
KnightRen wrote:
I dont know how to make it where a character when they die, go somewhere else, instead it just logs them out of the server when they are killed, could you please help me? Thanks alot,

~KnightRen

hmmm gee i dunno, heh probly a good addition to this question would be how would you make it delete Monsters and not players, with how you have it stated now, just get rid of the
del(src) and pur usr.loc = locate(X,Y,Z)
Where ever you have the part of the code that deletes the character, take the deleting out, and replace it with code that moves the character somewhere else.
In response to dbz73
Ok, you told me to put in usr.loc = locate(X,Y,Z), I did that with x = 1, y = 1, and z = 1. And I replaced the del (src) with it. But it didnt work, do you have any idea why it isnt working? Thanks,

~KnightRen
In response to KnightRen
KnightRen wrote:
Ok, you told me to put in usr.loc = locate(X,Y,Z), I did that with x = 1, y = 1, and z = 1. And I replaced the del (src) with it. But it didnt work, do you have any idea why it isnt working? Thanks,

~KnightRen

Take out the x = y = z = parts x,y,z are the args to locate and they should be replaced by a numerical value as with most procs.
In response to Nadrew
No, I didnt put it like that, I was just showing you what I put for the coordinates, and the thing is, I get no errors, but I still end up dying and the server crashing......
In response to KnightRen
Now you have to show me the "death" part of your code chances are you still have del() in there somewhere.
In response to Nadrew
Here it is: proc
DeathCheck()
if (HP <= 0)
world << "[src] dies!"
usr.loc = locate(1,1,1)

Hope you can help...
In response to KnightRen
Can I use a lifeline?
In response to Stealth 2k
I wish, lol
In response to KnightRen
KnightRen wrote:
I wish, lol

usr.loc should be src.loc and show me how you're calling the Deathcheck() proc.
In response to Nadrew
Thanks man, no need to show you the Deathcheck, it works, all I needed was to change the usr to src, thanks alot. None to which gave me false info. LOL J/k. Thanks