ID:179806

I'm new to the whole BYOND network, and I have been going through tutorials (thanks Zilal!!) and the other help stuff, and it has helped a lot. Anyway, I'm sure I will have many questions to ask you pros :P.

Also, I was thinking, for the game I'm working on, would it be possible to have 2 versions, one with a lot of music(hefty download) and one without music, if I did this, would there be anyway for people with different types to play with each other?
Interesting name... I prefer toilet papaer myself... But, to each their own!
If the player turns off sound on thier client software then connects to a game, it will avoid downloading the sound resources.
In response to Shadowdarke
If he's planning on distributing the game, though, one would have to download the whole project, sound and all. In that case, it might be a good idea to have a seperate soundless version for those that want it.

-AbyssDragon
In response to AbyssDragon
Perhaps make the game without the sound, and ask the player (once) if they would like to download the extras? If such a thing is feasible...
In response to Xooxer
What can I say? :\

Anyway, thanks for the help guys, I'm sure I'll post some newbie questions up here soon...