ID:180110

I was reading the reference and it showed operators available on lists, +=, -=, etc. I realized that this is the same way I add or remove verbs, so I was wondering how is it possible for me to create a for loop that will run through the verb list like this:

testFunc(verbname)
for(O in verbs)
if(O.name == verbname)
verbs += O

I tried to create such a func but with no success. I believe I am thinking too much like other object-oriented language though

I just realized that this can't possibly work anyway, considering that the objects I am searching and trying to add to verbs are objects that currently aren't there

So can I do this a different way? I saw that verbs are addable from the proc list, can I address this like a list?

Cybergen wrote:
I was reading the reference and it showed operators available on lists, +=, -=, etc. I realized that this is the same way I add or remove verbs, so I was wondering how is it possible for me to create a for loop that will run through the verb list like this:

testFunc(verbname)
for(O in verbs)
if(O.name == verbname)
verbs += O

I tried to create such a func but with no success. I believe I am thinking too much like other object-oriented language though

I just realized that this can't possibly work anyway, considering that the objects I am searching and trying to add to verbs are objects that currently aren't there

So can I do this a different way? I saw that verbs are addable from the proc list, can I address this like a list?
Heres an example of a for loop to go through a list.

mob/verb/CheckList(obj/O)
for(O in usr.contents)
usr << O

** Will give u a list of every item in the list usr.contents**

Alathon