Cursed Luck

by DanteVFenris
Cursed Luck
A story about the unluckiest man alive
ID:1803468

So I've decided to do advanced mechanics. Unfortunatley when i tried it in a real setting online, i ran into a few rare glitches with player interaction, especially the dueling system I showed last time, but here it is. This is a block system.

First the image on your character looks better in animations and is a shield. When you press G this will appear. As well as that new yellow bar will go down a tic everytime you guard.

photo AM6_zpsnc1fexex.png

So how does this new system work. Well if you block attack from the front. Your enemy will get stunned. Again this looks better in animation.

photo AM2_zpsprvivdmi.png

Too add more movement. If your enemy attacks you from sides or back while guarding YOU get stunned instead. This makes guard potentially vulnerable as guarding leaves you in a unmovable state for a miniscule time.

photo AM4_zps6tpenyzh.png

Now projectiles are used with this new system too. Guard When You are hit by a projectile you will teleport behind your oponent.

photo AM3_zpsc7ajnk3y.png

Last but not least of course my armour perk system is incorporated. If you hav'nt been following every piece of armour has a perk. Some perks have abilities that activate on hit. The newest perk that ive added is one that on hit will give you a point of block back. The guard bar will otherwise regenerate at a moderate rate.

photo AM5_zps5pumgrkn.png

Thanks you all for reading and listening to my ideas. Any new ideas are welcome to be discussed below.
Looks good!
Lurkers ++
Your teleport sprite is the purest definition of banding I've ever seen, which would upset some people, I just quickly made one though which you can use instead. Feel free to use it, Dante.

teleport sprite example

Here are the 4 frames it uses. They should all have an interval of 1 in the DMI file.
the first frame The second frame The third frame The fourth frame

Edit: if you wanted, you could lower the alpha of the lines slightly each frame aswell, but that would be more CPU intensive, so its just a thought.
In response to Cranimus
Cranimus wrote:
Edit: if you wanted, you could lower the alpha of the lines slightly each frame as well, but that would be more CPU intensive, so its just a thought.

Manipulating an atom's alpha value doesn't impact CPU anymore than adding a fifth frame - it's so minuscule a difference there virtually is none. Especially if you just manually change the alpha value in the icon editor as opposed to using the built in atom.alpha variable.

Oh really, I thought recalculating all the colours at run-time would be quite bad.

But that is really handy information to know.
In response to Cranimus
thank you Cranimus, ill definatley use it :)
So i should be done all content things for the time being. Now im going to try to fix everything i have/ balance and hopefully i can get people to play and enjoy it when i start testing
looking nice
Just do the video and share some fun :)
In response to Phat T
Haha I've been to busy with school to do videos right now. You know its March. April is final exam period for uni students.

But im trying to update my game visually right now. Once I think it looks good people can play alpha/beta and tell me how I can improve and report any glitches