ID:1805069

Hi all. Some of you may have noticed that I have been hanging around looking for work and just thought I'd show off my first little piece after getting back into the biz. It;s quite rough and by no means prefect but let me know what you think :).

http://i.imgur.com/pP6FF0e.png (excuse the link rather than an image, I'm a noooob :P)

To post an image all you have to it is

Thanks man.
It's difficult to judge from just the one image, being a decent artist is about having consistency not just one good piece of work. As it is the design is okay nothing great but better than the average byonder.
In response to MechaCloud
Don't listen to that. The average BYONDer can only do a stick figure. This is freakin fantastic. Many many times better than most people here can do.
these links are broken...
In response to Zecronious
I get that you're being encouraging and thats great but without criticism an artist won't grow. kingfisher obviously shows talent but overstating can often do an artist more harm than good...
the design is okay nothing great but better than the average byonder

How is that constructive criticism? You were just crapping on his fantastic artwork.
How is that constructive criticism? You were just crapping on his fantastic artwork.

Seconded. Saying it's not great without going into detail why is not CC. @Zec, it's funny you are able to point that out when it's not one of your own posts.

I will say the form is pretty good. I just think the dither is a bit much, and maybe I would have focused the lighting more on the front than the top, seeing as the face is awful dark compared to the top of the head. I also noticed that the shield is lit primarily from the right, while the sword is lit from the left. It's a minor inconsistency, but still throws me off a bit.

Overall, it's pretty good. Keep working at it!
In response to Ter13
Are you going to follow me around every post I make Ter? Is this going to be an issue? Is this a good time for me to involve a moderator to sort it out?
Are you going to follow me around every post I make Ter?

...Oh boy... I'm already "Following him around in every post..."

Just chiming in that I agree this style of help is inherently unhelpful. Just found the irony that this is exactly what I said to you yesterday that caused your outburst on the forums.

Let's take the hyperbole down a notch, K?
In response to Ter13
Okay so I should get a moderator. Fine.
K. Sorry we can't have nice things, GreatFisher. Cheers and I look forward to more arts in the future.
You have a while until your as good as me, but their is promise. Definatley promise

photo agirl_zpsfirugjvr.png
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
the design is okay nothing great but better than the average byonder

Hmm I don't remember saying constructive criticism.... you obviously failed to read what I wrote but don't worry your still better than the average byonder too.

Now for CC...

The palette is rather dull to my eyes though that could be a design option, the abdomen area looks very elongated compared to the rest of the bodies proportions though I do think you've done a good job with the anatomy otherwise.
I think you've over done the dithering slightly and there seems to be a different source of light on the character and they're weapons there should really be one unified light source.
The shading also gives the illusion that the character is semi squatting to me not sure if anyone else sees that.
Overall it is a good piece but there's definitely room for improvement.
Yes so you agree with me, it was just critisism. What you didn't notice was that I called it constructive so you would use the 'you can't read comment' and call yourself out for just giving critisism.

What you don't get is I knew everything you were going to say against me.
@Zecr give a rest, He's corrected himself, is it that important that you get the last word in, Instead of shouting about how great it is he's pointed out some viable flaws and such which is by a far mile more than you have done.

@GF I'm not diminishing your work I think you have potential, I've done some background research of your old post and I think you have solid progress and momentum, and some solid criticism and pointers would help progress you even further, and I agree with MC's comment about your pallet, It could be that you were aiming for the bare contrast and such and i think the posturing and angles are good but could use a little work, there are some great tutorials out there that would help you and as soon as i dig them out i'll post them for you.
First I was joking, I think it looks terrible compared to this guy. And second they aren't rehashed from LoG but I am trying to imitate their art style with little success. It's not even close to LoG
Well that isn't a bad trick if your trying to replicate the style. I did do that, but only for front standing so I could get the feel of it. The rest I did without the need for that. But again mine is nothing close to LoG quality, nor did i copy it or copy any pixels directly from it when i was using it as a reference.
No matter what you did it still looks great your not the only person that uses a reference.
Page: 1 2