ID:1805699

(See the best response by Ter13.)
I know I am not the only one missing make exe, I became a member recently to have access to this feature, and now coming to use it, it no longer exists.

As you can tell I am a bit upset from this.

Is there away around this, as I have been trawling the forum to the point of annoyance now.
Best response
Check out this thread: id:1794187

You'll find that Tom's still allowing people to contact him with regards to the standalone client until which time a CEF-based standalone is available. Just use the contact form to get in touch.
A walk down the shop and back to clear my mind, what about downloading an older version of byond. will it try auto update?

I sent a message, but hate waiting....
To be honest, the last time I remember the old DM2EXE packager actually working was before 4.0. Which means a very large portion of BYOND's features, bugfixes, and improvements will be missing. Downgrading is genuinely a bad idea, and I'm not just saying that to try to support BYOND's cashflow.
I am using older simple stat code, and i did test this as soon as i became a member, but not sure if my actual client was out of date at the time, if i knew this was going to be removed this year, i would not of put so much effort into my current project, so i really need to find this out..... If i manage to find a solution, i will share it, as this is the main reason i stuck with byond for so long...
that and im not sure how much people realise this is once of the better engines that exist, even for coding tools
In response to Zelldot
Without going into a big spiel. Don't bother with the old exe format, it wasn't particularly useful at the time and it's certainly junk now.

Talking to Tom might get him to let you use his newer but unsupported 'BYONDexe'. That lets people run your games without having BYOND installed. He only does it for reasonably polished games.

But.. Even it remains unsupported because it's being dropped in favour of something else.

The short of it is that EXEs are not really here yet. At least not in any public mannor.
My main project does not need it, but i have been working on a tool, which is simple, stat panel, some mathmatics and saving, if it can simply handle that, then im gain for downgrading to create an exe, it is a tool for a game i play called entropia universe, and want to share this tool with other members in my society, the only other option is to put a byond installer with it, which is a bit clunky for what i am trying to achive
In response to Zelldot
See what he says I guess.