In response to Bloo Thang
Bloo Thang wrote:
Quit depending on these retards and go to pixel joint.

Pretty much. With our game, Severed, we didn't even consider hiring artists on BYOND. First places we looked were Pixeljoint and whatnot. We compensate the two artists we have onboard on an hourly basis, and without going too deep into personal monetary details, they're compensated very well for the work they do because the work they push out is quality and we want it to be consistently good.
In response to Doohl
You found some really good ones. If only programmers for DM were able to be found outside of BYOND, my life would be complete.
In response to Bloo Thang
Yeah, that's an unfortunate situation you can't really do much about on your own. I mean, you could hire someone familiar with C programming and pay them to learn BYOND but expect it to be very expensive for you. Most competent, freelance programmers outside BYOND will want $30-100/hr, and that simply is not in any hobbyist's budget.

If you look for people within BYOND you're pretty much boned if you're an artist looking for programmers. I can count maybe 8 or 10 people here I would really trust knows what they're doing with DM. I can't imagine any of them being "in the market" so to speak.
In response to Doohl
This one retard got all pissy because I wanted to see what I was paying for in a demo, like all he had to do was send the host files to see if the 3 simple mechanics I wanted were working as I wanted them to. He claimed he got a headache and got all pissy after he denied me several times to at-least see if what I'm paying for is actually there.

Most unprofessional bastards in the planet gathered here to hone their skills just to not even use them it's sad, god knows they can't do anything positive with their skills alone, like when was the last time we seen a good library? Not a damn thing.
if ur sitting around waiting for a library, you're doing game development wrong.
In response to EmpirezTeam
I'm not sitting around waiting for a library obviously because I'm aware these fuckers don't do jack shit special.
If I'm trying to pay these inbred looking insecure dysfunctional fuck boys that should tell you, that I'm doing more than just sitting around, I gave up on them though. I'm not completely lost when it comes to DM but I can't do everything I want.
when was the last time we seen a good library?

March the second, 3:00 am.

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1797736

Great library, terrible video.

Also, how did you know that I needed some extra sodium in my diet, Baird? Ya geddit? It's cuz u salty. =D
In response to Ter13
A roof library.

WOW
So much salt.
Quitting mod because a 16 year old = salty.*Example of the programmers right der*
/unfollow
A roof library.

Yep. That's actually what it is. You should check out the tutorials section where I put together a writeup about it.

It's actually pretty advanced as far as roof libraries go. It's way more efficient than any of the others, is built with mappers and not programmers in mind, and it has 50% less sodium. It even comes with a free b8 harder.
top kek m8 he sur did get shrekd
Page: 1 2