ID:1808327

Applies to:Dream Seeker

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
So , like costack soldiersor games like it once you create a room that room shows on the room list and i do the same to my game but when someone uploads a world it shows on the online world's list in the game NOT on the HUB so can BYOND.make something shows those uploaded world as servers on the HUB ?
You really need to break down what you're requesting here. Your explanation is one long, incoherent run-on sentence.
In response to LordAndrew
LordAndrew wrote:
You really need to break down what you're requesting here. Your explanation is one long, incoherent run-on sentence.

1-i am not English
2-what i mean : showing uploaded/saved worlds on the HUB as servers
In response to Maxsteel13
This is an English speaking site. If we can't can't understand, we can't help.
In response to Zecronious
Zecronious wrote:
This is an English speaking site. If we can't can't understand, we can't help.

Thanks obama
I would bite the bullet and assume he's requesting that BYOND displays any game uploaded and hosted via his "game room/lobby" and be displayed on his hub as online rather than the actual game's hub?

I'm also assuming that this will be marked as "not-feasible"
A second thing I interpreted was having the host world (which is his game), having different game modes/lobbies and wants each lobby to have their own specific server on the hub and would like BYOND to handle that.

Still saying "not-feasible"
In response to Ssj4justdale
Ssj4justdale wrote:
A second thing I interpreted was having the host world (which is his game), having different game modes/lobbies and wants each lobby to have their own specific server on the hub and would like BYOND to handle that.

Still saying "not-feasible"

This is what I gathered as well. The idea of having a single server manage multiple "rooms" and having each one show up on the hub, where each room would list its players and would let you join the room directly, would be pretty cool.

It seems to me, though, that the webclient could be made to provide this data with just a few modifications. I don't think this is anything that would be built onto the hub page for the game as a feature, but if you were to host a game offsite, maybe you could query the game for a list of rooms and figure out how you wanted to display it.

Ultimately I don't think this feature request has any legs, but it did give me a really good idea of how I could implement the splash screen stuff for the webclient (and maybe eventually for DS).
In response to Lummox JR
Lummox JR wrote:
Ultimately I don't think this feature request has any legs, but it did give me a really good idea of how I could implement the splash screen stuff for the webclient (and maybe eventually for DS).

I think it'll be cool to see something like this for the webclient, dream seeker (when clicking play game at the top of the page, rather than showing the live servers, open dream seeker and display it there), and even a standalone client (if it was built with a certain argument on, per-say: "lobbies = TRUE").
Ideally, you'd startup() new worlds for each room, this method allows said 'rooms' to appear on the hub, I've done something similar with XO but never really got around to finishing it.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Ideally, you'd startup() new worlds for each room, this method allows said 'rooms' to appear on the hub, I've done something similar with XO but never really got around to finishing it.

That's a great idea. By the way, how is the BYOND Messenger project going??
The messenger project became obsolete when the current version of the pager was released. It negated all of the reasons I had to make my own.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
The messenger project became obsolete when the current version of the pager was released. It negated all of the reasons I had to make my own.

Oh okay, I was really loving the progress with it. Just to keep this on-Topic, I'm going to stop talking now :)
The idea of "lobbies" sound great a central screen to choose the server of your liking, will give willing developers the options to easily display location based world's, Oceania Asia North US etc a bit like World of warcraft and many other MMOs.