ID:180896

Purpose:
To provide procs which will allow an object to be concealed and revealed. The object can be revealed by any mob which searches and finds the hidden obj as well as the original mob which concealed it.

obj/var
        hidden=0                // 0=false|1=true; obj is hidden
        mounted=0               // 0=false|1=true; obj is mounted and can not be picked up
        hidden_list[0]  // List containing mobs that know where obj is hidden

obj/proc/CheckStatus(obj/O)
        O.verbs.len=0
        if(O.hidden == 0)
                if(O.mounted == 0)
                        O.verbs.Add(/obj/proc/Conceal)
                        O.verbs.Add(/obj/proc/Drop)
                        O.verbs.Add(/obj/proc/Get)

obj/proc/Conceal()
        set src in usr
        src.loc=usr.loc
        src.hidden=1
        src.hidden_list.Add(usr)
        CheckStatus(src)
        return

obj/proc/Reveal()
        set src in src.hidden_list // THIS DOESN'T WORK, NOR DOES ANYTHING ELSE I'VE TRIED. ANY IDEAS?
        src.hidden=0
        src.hidden_list.len=0
        return

I'm trying to find a way to make this work without having to move the source of the proc into the actual mob. For example, I can get this to work if the procs are mob/proc wih the hidden_list stored in individual mobs.

The main problem is I'm trying to avoid searching through all the mobs in world.contents to remove the object from hidden_list everytime the object is revealed by another mob.
obj/proc/Reveal()
set src in src.hidden_list // THIS DOESN'T WORK, NOR DOES ANYTHING ELSE I'VE TRIED. ANY IDEAS?

The problem here is that you can't scroll through any list in 'set src in' lists. If Dantom could just let us use any list like I suggested countless months ago you wouldn't be in this mess. =)