TRANSCEND

by Exentriks Gaming
TRANSCEND
A single-player adventure series. Rated T for Teen.
ID:1809200

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Hello there, I am YnorRon an amateur programmer and pixel artist who has worked on some small games for BYOND, one you may know is a Kingdom Hearts fan game called Key of Hearts(which the source was recently made public) that I created along with TravylleB. After working on this project I really started falling in love with this engine and the immense potential it has to get literally anything I wanted done in a matter of hours or even minutes. With that said I started working on this single player game we're calling Transcendence and really giving it my all.

Purpose: I'm hoping this post serves several purposes, one being to gather some sort of fan-base and to see if there's any general interest in the game. Another purpose which is really the most important one is that right now I'm looking for people to jump on this ship with me and help out in several areas. Right now is the perfect time for anyone who is interested since I am open to profit share.

About Transcendence: To make it as simple and short as possible without ruining too much, the game is about the spirit of a warrior(you) and is chosen to go through a trial to become a Spirit Warrior. These Spirit Warriors are chosen to protect the spirit realm of a planet, in this case that planet is Earth. Because of the graphical content of the game(gore and nudity) the game will be rated M.

As you go through this trial in the spirit world, there will be times where your spirit will connect with other spirits(usually great warriors) that lived on Earth at any given time or era. You will then be able to transcend there to learn from them, whether that be survival skills or combat or even just important knowledge you will need. With these experiences the game will slowly look to mold you into the perfect warrior.

The Spirit World: In the spirit world there are two worlds, the day time and the night time. During the day time your main purpose will be to travel, hunt, survive and prepare yourself for the night. When the night comes everything around you will come to life, this is when the spirits come out. Mostly everything will have a spirit and will be able to impact you in some way.

Because of this, there will be times where a path will be blocked or there will be a river with no bridge(for example) that you must cross. When the night comes the spirit of the river will come out and you will be tested as part of your trial. This is one of the ways you progress through the game as everything and anything you least expect is there as part of your test. There are many ways we can go about this and it's something I'm very excited about.

(This is the spirit of a powerful king, the image of the king is somewhere hidden in the tree. This is still being worked on and polished)

For those interested in helping:

There are specific positions that I need help with.

Programmer: As I mentioned I'm really just an amateur programmer. I am looking for an experienced programmer with past work. Most of the main systems of the game are already done from my previous game but there are some grey areas I need help with as well as optimization. One being a beautiful projectile system. I'm looking for something you'd see in League of Legends. Similar to when you select a skill there is an arrow that follows your mouse cursor and the way skills work in general. I need someone that has lots of knowledge in DM since I will be asking a lot of questions on how to approach certain systems and what are the best way to approach problems and limitations.

Artists: This is a very broad area, I am looking for anyone who thinks they can match or improve the current art for the game. I'm also looking for anyone with photoshop skills and who is an experienced animator. At the moment I'm looking for concept artists for the various spirits in the spirit world. The most important area right now is people who can work with the base:

Other: I am also looking for people who are willing to do all the tedious and dirty work. Someone who can translate sprite sheets into dmi and other small work. Also looking for anyone interested in the marketing side of things who can help manage the game from that point. I already have some good connections as far as exposure but nothing is concrete yet. In general, any help is appreciated.

People I'm not interested in working with:
This is a team effort, as much as I've put into this game, there's still a lot up in the air as to where we can take this. I'm open to ideas and criticism but what I'm not looking for is someone who will come in and try to take over like they're the next prophet of Indie gaming.

That is all, I will be updating this post with things I may have missed or things I'd like to add on. I'm not expecting much from this other than just getting the game out there, but I would love to find some awesome people to work with. Also, there are more screenshots in the game's hub for anyone interested.
Incredible art quality, keep it up man ! Good luck !
Try a Kickstarter? This has a lot of potential.
What a lovely change of pace in terms of art structures on BYOND. It looks wonderful. Keep it up.
In response to Ganite
Ganite wrote:

Don't Kickstart without press releases out there first. You're only hurting yourself. A failed kickstarter leads to a failed attempt at mostly anything that comes afterwards. I've seen a few games literally have their whole Greenlight careers crushed because of a failed Kickstarter.
Well seems like thats where he is going for once I saw "Investors", BYOND is a terrible place to even mention that.
Holy sheet
This...looks awesome.

The screenshots look gorgeous and the amount of detail taken on the artwork brings a tear to my eye.

Horrible.
In response to Bloo Thang
Bloo Thang wrote:
Horrible.

http://i.imgur.com/gg9QYXY.png - Along with the other pointless posts you've made already.
In response to Xirre
http://prntscr.com/6giqtt

If this gets finished I can't wait to be proven wrong, I'll cut you a deal.

If this game actually gets a average player base above 100, I'll commit suicide on camera and upload it to BYOND. Other than that, it's horrible, like almost everything anyone makes here, and also horrible as peoples appearance around here.

P.S My shout box is relevant how? If you think I'm trolling, my god.

/unfollow I'll keep watch of this games progress though.
In response to Xirre
I think he needs a talking to. This is obviously an account he uses to post flame.
Bloo Thang wrote:
If this game actually gets a average player base above 100, I'll commit suicide on camera and upload it to BYOND. Other than that, it's horrible, like almost everything anyone makes here, and also horrible as peoples appearance around here.

I'll advertise for it just to see this happen. Let's go. I'm holding you to this. Anything to have one less senseless idiot on the internet.
Ganite wrote:

We do have that planned at some point but I'm not really too worried about it or counting on it.

Bloo Thang wrote:

If this game actually gets a average player base above 100, I'll commit suicide on camera and upload it to BYOND.

It's a single player game so thankfully we don't have to worry about you doing this.

Thank you everyone else who likes the game so far.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Bloo Thang wrote:

I'll advertise for it just to see this happen. Let's go. I'm holding you to this. Anything to have one less senseless idiot on the internet.

Leave it to the pathetic human Xirre to encourage suicide. You make me sick you daddyfucker.
In response to IMangekyouI
IMangekyouI wrote:
Xirre wrote:
Bloo Thang wrote:

Leave it to the pathetic human Xirre to encourage suicide. You make me sick you daddyfucker.

I have nothing positive to say with a weirdo who joins a few days ago and gives shitty feedback like "horrible". Horrible because of what? State your opinion. Otherwise, leave. Your opinion is unwanted if it doesn't do anything other than destroy. Constructive feedback is what is needed. Keyword, constructive. It actually helps make things better.

As for you, don't bring crap from other places in to people's public environment. Just because I hurt your feelings doesn't mean you have to hurt everyone else's feelings. Grow up for a change and learn where to crack jokes and where not to. You're acting like a little child. You're doing nothing but destroying a community.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
IMangekyouI wrote:
Xirre wrote:
Bloo Thang wrote:

I have nothing positive to say with a weirdo who joins a few days ago and gives shitty feedback like "horrible". Horrible because of what? State your opinion. Otherwise, leave. Your opinion is unwanted if it doesn't do anything other than destroy. Constructive feedback is what is needed. Keyword, constructive. It actually helps make things better.

As for you, don't bring crap from other places in to people's public environment. Just because I hurt your feelings doesn't mean you have to hurt everyone else's feelings. Grow up for a change and learn where to crack jokes and where not to. You're acting like a little child. You're doing nothing but destroying a community.

Big talk from someone who literally just told someone you'd enjoy watching them commit suicide. Lmao, I think it goes both ways. In his case keep his negative feedback to himself, in yours keep your psychopathic thoughts to yourself. :) good day.
Big talk from someone who literally just told someone to you'd enjoy watching them commit suicide.

Quote it.
In response to Xirre
Xirre wrote:
Bloo Thang wrote:

Quoted.
Now quote where this statement holds true:

who literally just told someone to you'd enjoy watching them commit suicide.
Page: 1 2