ID:1809615

Looking for skilled Coders, 3D Modelers, Texture Artists, Etc.*

Basic idea: A good Action Adventure game based around The Old Testament. For more details contact me.

Engine: Undecided. Possibly Unity, UDK or CryEngine

*Note: This game is in the drawingboard stage, if you want to help and the game never get's anywhere, I will be unable to pay anyone.

*Note 2: I would like for this game to have a solid beta stage before starting with KickStarter.
You picked the best place to look.
You want people to help you with a 3D adventure game, but you don't even know what engine you want to use? You're not even in beta stage yet? You haven't planned everything out technically and financially?

Look, take mine and literally every other developer's advice here. Don't start with projects like this unless you know what you're doing AND you have experience. Dab a little in every branch of game development (programming, art, level design, design philosophy) and get a good grasp of how things should be handled and managed in your project.

No one has ever made a good 3D action-adventure game by recruiting random people from a forum like this, and you won't either if this is how you're going to handle it.
*Bows* Thanks for your advice. I get what you're saying. But I'll still try :)
In response to Vegito9000
His advice x 100. Trust me on this you won't do much but waste time and resources trying to go big your very first game, on top of that most people can't even complete a 2-d game- let alone a 3-d one.
In response to Avidanimefan
Yeah, Yeah. You know, if everyone believes you can't get anywhere, then how can you? That is definitely not how the Light-bulb was created :|
You're looking for team members in the land of no one gets shit done. The only people who get things done here are the people with proven results, and even then those projects usually end up dead. It's the standard 80-20 rule.
This post would at the very least benefit more being posted in the Classified Adds section.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
True, True. I just thought this was a good place to start.
I was unsure if Classified Ads allowed you to post about a Game being created off of the BYOND engine. Thanks for the info, will probably make a new post there, because everyone here has, so far, disliked my idea.
Don't think it's about disliking your idea, it's just the simple fact that you most likely, 99.99999%, will not find anyone under the classifications or skill set you're looking for on BYOND.
True. But hey, it's worth a shot. lol
Craigslist Strictly Platonic (never strictly platonic) yeilds better results.
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:
Craigslist Strictly Platonic (never strictly platonic) yeilds better results.

Some good laughs. Lmao >.<
Vegito9000 wrote:
Yeah, Yeah. You know, if everyone believes you can't get anywhere, then how can you? That is definitely not how the Light-bulb was created :|

That wasn't my point . I didn't say you shouldn't try or that you should give up. I said start smaller. Most of us are speaking from experience and started from the same place you did with the same optimism and mindset. There is a stark difference between ideas and reality, and that's something you come to understand once you undertake making a video game.

With likelihood you will, 99% surely come to the same place with time and experience, look back and try to tell someone else the wisdom we are trying to pass onto you.

Ultimately it's your call whether to heed advice or ignore it.
Vegito9000 wrote:
because everyone here has, so far, disliked my idea.

Welcome to BYOND.. this attitude is the norm around here from many forum goers.. It's disgusting.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Welcome to BYOND.. this attitude is the norm around here from many forum goers.. It's disgusting.

First off, he barely has an idea. All we know is he wants an "Old Testament action game" and that he doesn't know what engine he's using and that he wants it on Kickstarter. Much details, very wow. This post definitely gets me interested ( said no one ever ). Even if he did have a thorough description of his idea, we are not obligated to like it. I don't know what world you kids live in nowadays, but no one is obligated to like anything you do or anything about you and if you don't start accepting that you're going to have a hard time in life. Especially when pursuing endeavors such as being a game developer.

Anyway, back to the OP. I've been off-site, and I'll just tell you right now: people who are going to be willing to design you a game in Unity or any other of those engines under one of those "I'll pay you if it's successful" promises are unicorns. In other words, they don't exist. People got bills to pay and families to feed, they're not going to slave away for free for hours on end just because some random kid from BYOND asked them to. You want an awesome Old Testament action game? Be prepared to get a job and invest in it then.
In response to EmpirezTeam
Wow. What a post.

First off, anyone who would like to help with this game is free to help. I'm only asking.

Second, I'm not even old enough for a job.

Third, Yeah, they don't have to like the idea, or me, but hey, I didn't ask them to, all I'm asking is for a few people to help start the game out, if I have to go somewhere else, Fine.

Fourth, Sure, I don't know which engine to use, but I can adapt, the Engine will depend on Coders. And, I have a very good, simple, biblical reference for the Story-line, so I don't really have to worry about any of the story.

Fifth, I'm sure someone will be willing to help out, whoever, or wherever they may be. Especially if they're Christians willing to make a Christian based Game.

Lol. Ok go to your local church and gather a team of developers and tell me how that works out for you.
You're not old enough for a job, but you want to make a Christian based action game with the help of whomever, for free?

How old are you, exactly? Because I doubt you're old enough to fully grasp the extent of any religion. How do you know you're Christian when you haven't studied any other religion? Keep in mind, religion is a man-made structure based on man-made beliefs. Each religion is just what a group of people decide a larger group of people believe, then(usually) profit from it.

Yet, you seem to know what you're doing with unity, udk, cry, or whatever.

We're not trying to be mean, we're trying to save you the time, effort, and heartbreak.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5