How old are you, exactly? Because I doubt you're old enough to fully grasp the extent of any religion. How do you know you're Christian when you haven't studied any other religion? Keep in mind, religion is a man-made structure based on man-made beliefs. Each religion is just what a group of people decide a larger group of people believe, then(usually) profit from it.

...Oh boy... Here we go...

In response to NNAAAAHH
Now now, let's not attack his beliefs - that has nothing to do with this post and honestly he doesn't even really need to answer you.
In response to NNAAAAHH
Aside from all that- most of the people here are being dicks to a degree. All the extra stuff isn't needed - if you don't have something constructive to say in a positive way, exercise some maturity and don't say anything at all (that's usually the best option) otherwise you just end up looking silly. (that's directed to everyone who sort of jumped on this post like vultures, not just one person in particular.)
to a degree

To a degree? This thread is more of a dick festival than the thread we had two days ago that was actually about dicks.
In response to Avidanimefan
Avidanimefan wrote:
Aside from all that- most of the people here are being dicks to a degree. All the extra stuff isn't needed - if you don't have something constructive to say in a positive way, exercise some maturity and don't say anything at all (that's usually the best option) otherwise you just end up looking silly. (that's directed to everyone who sort of jumped on this post like vultures, not just one person in particular.)

You're preaching to the choir, they have no maturity nor self control.
You're preaching to the choir

I'm not sure that's the idiom you were looking to use.

Casting pearls before swine, would be the one that applies, I think.
In response to Ter13
Awe there ya go, that works.
In response to Avidanimefan
I wasn't attacking his beliefs, I merely meant to express you should do a lot of research on a subject before you make a game around it. Just because you know some old testament in Christianity doesn't mean you are go on making a game about it. A LOT of research needs to be done, to which I partially offered my input on religion in general, which I feel would give perspective on to the importance of looking into why things are written, what about, and how it is written, rather than the writing itself.

I was pointing his age out, after he made the comment about not being old enough for a job yet, to reinforce the fact that you have to be able to actually work in order to complete a game, or at least pay someone to. That and the fact that you grow wiser with age and he should focus on learning what he can before jumping in.
You and I have similar perspectives regarding religion. Even so, OP didn't come here to debate theology. He came here to look for people to help him make a game.

It's a dick move to shit on his religious beliefs if he didn't consent to debate on the subject.

Atheists get a bad enough rap without people on the internet giving people license to call us assholes by shoving our lack of belief in the face of others that didn't come asking.
In response to EmpirezTeam
It was more general not really targeted at this post, nonetheless it's still the truth..

Sure you don't have to like anyone's ideas or projects they should be encouraged regardless.

When people don't like a high end game say NBA 2K14 or whatever they don't purchase it, the same can apply here. Don't like someone's idea don't post and put them down.

People here should be encouraged regardless of the fact that the idea may not "make it" in your eyes it's still going to be something they can look back at and be proud of..

Honestly if anyone reads this and is starting a new project, stay the hell away from posting it on these forums it's a shit community to be around especially if you're new..
In response to A.T.H.K
If I could "like" this I would right now. soo hardddddd
In response to Ter13
I apologize I came off that way, but I wasn't meaning to downput any religion, I didn't state anything unknown to him, I hope. Religion is manmade, doesn't make any of their beliefs untrue. I encourage everyone to find a belief system that they actually believe in, but unknowingly dedicating themselves to one thing when they don't understand another side to the same object. Many people are raised with a religion and are closed minded about another, often changing religion when finally finding understanding in another. A person's age is a big factor in this, since they're often closed off from any other enlightening religion until from their parents grasp.
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
It was more general not really targeted at this post, nonetheless it's still the truth..

Sure you don't have to like anyone's ideas or projects they should be encouraged regardless.

When people don't like a high end game say NBA 2K14 or whatever they don't purchase it, the same can apply here. Don't like someone's idea don't post and put them down.

People here should be encouraged regardless of the fact that the idea may not "make it" in your eyes it's still going to be something they can look back at and be proud of..

Honestly if anyone reads this and is starting a new project, stay the hell away from posting it on these forums it's a shit community to be around especially if you're new..

I never said he wouldn't make it.

I simply told him he needs to do things a certain way if he DOES want to make it. I actually read the Old Testament and probably know more about the bible than a lot of you here. So I didn't come here to tell him not to make the game. Hell, I'd love to part the Red Sea and rescue Jews from Egypt. I just pointed out the way the world works. He's an aspiring kid going through the same "I have an awesome idea and I'm going to get several talented people to create it for me for free" phase we all went through.

I mean, you could be a "nice guy" and come here and say "This sounds amazing! Go for it!", or you could be a "dick" and give him some advice that'll actually be useful to him.
Again, wasn't pointed at this post nor your comments. Just in general, man...

Except I do post that I don't like a product, usually to the company via e-mail or through an amazon review. I don't keep my dislike for things to myself, I keep the things I like to myself.
I don't keep my dislike for things to myself, I keep the things I like to myself.

Internet in a nutshell right there, now innit?
In response to EnigmaticGallivanter
EnigmaticGallivanter wrote:

Except I do post that I don't like a product, usually to the company via e-mail or through an amazon review. I don't keep my dislike for things to myself, I keep the things I like to myself.

Perhaps I should've used a single entity that will actually read posts about said project, instead of a large company don't doesn't give two shits about what you have to say..
In response to A.T.H.K
A.T.H.K wrote:
Perhaps I should've used a single entity that will actually read posts about said project, instead of a large company don't doesn't give two shits about what you have to say..

Hey. Hey now. Corporations are people, too!
Hey. Hey now. Corporations are people, too!

I laughed so hard when Rage Against the Machine found out that they were Paul Ryan's "favorite band", then they basically just shit on him in public. 2012 was a good election. So much hilarious stuff happened.
I never said he wouldn't make it.

I simply told him he needs to do things a certain way if he DOES want to make it. I actually read the Old Testament and probably know more about the bible than a lot of you here. So I didn't come here to tell him not to make the game. Hell, I'd love to part the Red Sea and rescue Jews from Egypt. I just pointed out the way the world works. He's an aspiring kid going through the same "I have an awesome idea and I'm going to get several talented people to create it for me for free" phase we all went through.

If I can't find a dev team, I won't be disappointed, I will have tried, and if I fail I'll be back when I have a few dollars in my pocket, I just hope there is someone out there who will be patient, help me through it, and in the end create a relatively decent game.

I'll give a general story-line idea to everyone, the game actually would take place in the future by a few years, there would be a radio channel, it broadcasts about the Old Testament. While it's broadcasting, you're playing as the character it's about. (And that is VERY general.)

(Wow, wasn't expecting all of these posts O.o)

Page: 1 2 3 4 5