ID:181000

Humble Indie Bundle #4 includes Jamestown, Bit.Trip Runner, Super Meat Boy, Shank and NightSky HD. Pay more than the minimum for Gratuitous Space Battles and Cave Story+.

Indie Royale's Xmas Bundle includes The Blackwell Trilogy: Remastered, Eets, Dino D-Day and The Oil Blue. Bonus items greenTech+ and Shellblast were recently added. The current minimum price is a little over four bucks.

Swing Swing Submarine (developer of Blocks That Matter) has been holding drawings for a different game each day. The catch is liking their Facebook page and the posts of the desired prize.

Steam has been having server issues but they're holding their expected sale and handing out prizes for game achievements similar to their summer event. (Blah blah blah gift me a game from my wishlist if you want a lifetime Fooldom Come subscription etc.)

Paying that is also a dick move to the indie developers that made it. It's not wrong, but it's also being a cheapskate. I fully intend to pay the average, maybe slightly over it, so I can get access to Cave Story+.
Corax Software wrote:
I get some mostly unfinished games for nothing.

Clearly "indie game" is synonymous with "mostly unfinished". You'll find most indie games are very, very polished. You are an imbecile.
They don't receive anything unless you at least pay around 23 cents. Actually, the bandwidth you're consuming to download the games costs more than what you even paid. You aren't promoting anything besides the fact you're a cheapskate who doesn't care at all about indie developers.
So you think you're justified in giving developers who present polished games nothing in return? Nice.
In response to SuperAntx
I generally only pay the 0.01 price if I'm absolutely unable to come up with at least a few bucks to put forward, but when I do I usually go back later and put a few more bucks onto the amount or donate to the companies directly.
Corax Software wrote:
A lot of those games are in Beta is you didn't know Popisfizzy

No, they are not.
Corax Software wrote:
http://www.lexaloffle.com/voxatron.php

Just one example.

Congratulations. You have selected a game that is not even on the Humble Indie Bundle #4. Furthermore, you have chosen a false characterization for the Humble Indie Bundle #4 because not a single game on it is in beta. I want to laud you for the incredible imbecility you have demonstrated here today, Mr. ZX. Please collect your prize below.

Voxatron isn't in this bundle. None of the games which are included are in beta. Shank has received multiple perfect review scores and almost every game there has been released on multiple platforms. Heck, even Cave Story got a 3DS remake and VVVVVV itself is getting a 3DS release.
In response to DivineTraveller
DivineTraveller wrote:
So you think you're justified in giving developers who present polished games nothing in return? Nice.

Welcome to BYOND.
In response to Techgamer
Techgamer wrote:
DivineTraveller wrote:

Welcome to BYOND.

Honestly, when has BYOND ever been a good source of work for serious artists and programmers?
People get paid pennies around here.
Corax Software wrote:
A lot of those games are in Beta is you didn't know Popisfizzy.

Corax Software wrote:
http://www.lexaloffle.com/voxatron.php
Just one example.
Corax Software wrote:
I never said it was...

No, you actually said exactly that it was. I don't think you could have said that exact thing anymore clearly and concisely unless you had someone notarize the statement.

You probably have a lot more money and so what you offer is virtually nothing to you.

I am a poor, broke college student who has, currently, about $80 to my name. I need to pay $50 of that in loans. I'm not getting anymore money until the 30th of this month. No, I don't have much money. But I'm at least not enough of an ignorant, self-absorded dick to pay developers enough that they actually make money from products they worked hard to develop. And I especially won't do it while I denigrate the very product I'm paying for.

Quite simply, you're an idiot and a fool.
Why is it every post you make regarding gaming is the "cheap" and "free" way to do it?

Emulation, wondering if emulation of current consoles will be possible soon, trying to argue that you are entitled to the use of a ROM or some form of one if you "own" the game, etc.

And really, stop wondering why everyone "seems" to hate you.
Also, I ask this on behalf of the entire community, who the heck are you to determine what a game's price should and shouldn't be to say you can justifiably steal the game?
ACWraith wrote:
Humble Indie Bundle #4 includes Jamestown, Bit.Trip Runner, Super Meat Boy, Shank and NightSky HD. Pay more than the minimum for Gratuitous Space Battles and Cave Story+.

Just paid $10 for it. I'm almost completely broke, or I would have paid $25. If only it were going until next Friday. :(
"What's with all the hating round here? It's kinda funny annoying you guys while you wallow to be honest."

Maybe if everyone hates you, the problem lies not with us, but with you?

I meant everyone in the context of this thread. You'd probably see that if you weren't flying into histrionics.
I lost it when he went into his members vs. non-members rant. That was a good one. XD

The fail? He's a member himself!

Also, nice spam.
I wonder.

If you got banned for the spam you're doing, who are you going to blame? Gonna go on a corporate rant about how BYOND is evil and corrupt?
In response to Moonlight Memento
The even funnier part is your lack of membership.
Page: 1 2