ID:181019

Not sure if this is in the right forum, but what happened to the developer resources that BYOND used to have on their site?
In response to Lugia319
I remember there being alot more and the search would bring back more accurate results. I guess that's just a result of time passing, meh.
In response to Baltraven
Baltraven wrote:
I remember there being alot more and the search would bring back more accurate results. I guess that's just a result of time passing, meh.

^ I would have to agree, it seems like they removed a lot of content including some libs I was searching for....
In response to A.T.H.K
Last time I used BYOND was about 9-10 months ago, so I guess they decided to clean out their database.
In response to A.T.H.K
Because only Members are allowed to have their content viewable (via search).
In response to Moonlight Memento
*gasp* The NEXON disease!!
In response to Baltraven
As a matter of curiosity, what are you trying to find that you are not finding good results for?
In response to A.T.H.K
As a matter of curiosity, what are you trying to find that you are not finding good results for?
In response to Stephen001
I remember there being loads of anime fan-base resources, such as DBZ and Naruto (i am prepared for the troll bash). Tried to find one for a fellow noob, but didnt get any results.
In response to Baltraven
No troll bash here.

What it may be is that non-member resources have been hidden by default, unless they got featured in something like the DreamMakers guild back in the day. So I guess for a lot of the stuff you were wanting to look for, the author wasn't a member, and it didn't get mentioned somewhere, so it just vanished.

I'm afraid I don't really have any decent solution for this at the moment, in terms of how you can look these things up. I'll have a think on it, and see if I can't come up with something, as this is meant to be my area to look after.

In the meantime, please accept my apologies. During the site changes, we had always looked to improve stuff for BYOND developers, make good resources easier to access etc. Unfortunately we do get bits and pieces a bit wrong sometimes.
In response to Stephen001
So you guys didn't remove any of the resources at all? I have been looking for over a year for some things, I just assumed the member deleted his/her account and everything also got removed.

Outraged! as this hasn't been brought up before maybe I shouldn't of just assumed ... damn me!
Yeah the beautiful Dragonball Zeta source code is gone!
In response to TheDarkChakra
I hope you're being sarcastic. The Zeta source is probably one of the worst examples of programming on BYOND.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
I hope you're being sarcastic. The Zeta source is probably one of the worst examples of programming on BYOND.

But why has it gone? why can't I find it?
In response to A.T.H.K
Because it doesn't deserve to exist ;)
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
Because it doesn't deserve to exist ;)

I don't understand why they can't search for freely distributed source's...

I do understand that it was poorly written I do have the files and I have will never ever look at the source again and I never plan too.
In response to A.T.H.K
It was actually never "freely distributed" it was another leaked source that got out of hand, it was never released by the original author.
In response to Nadrew
Nadrew wrote:
It was actually never "freely distributed" it was another leaked source that got out of hand, it was never released by the original author.

Touche