In response to Enzuigiri
Enzuigiri wrote:
Zaoshi wrote:
Enzuigiri wrote:
MMORPG which is what I would like.

There's Runescape, World of Warcraft, Lineage 2, a lot of other crap.
If you want something more unique then I could suggest Granado Espada, ..., actually that's all I can think of, but even that game is only grinding.

Forget about RPGs if you want to play, then I could suggest EVE Online.

Runescape is terrible. WoW is bad and I said F2P, again I said F2P. And EVE online I said F2P...

RuneScape, WoW, and EVE, are all excellent games, but if you have no one to play them with, it's not really worth it. The trick is finding friends who play any of those three.
In response to Solomn Architect
RuneSpace
anything but laughable

Wow. That was shocking.
In response to Solomn Architect
Runescape is terrible. It makes me want to stomp on puppies.

I don't need an MMO any more. Currently, switching between league of legends and DC universe. Enough to keep me occupied until next weekend.
In response to Enzuigiri
What is DC Universe like? any good?
In response to A.T.H.K
Pretty fun. It's just as I expected it to be. 5-6 powers. Each power has 3 skill trees. Then your weapon of choice has 2 skill trees. Character customization is pretty good. The servers aren't laggy and more missions than just typical "kill X amount of w/e then return. Just make sure you create on a PVP server not PvE. PvE sucks.
Everquest 2 is free to play. It has the same playstyle as WoW, and I don't believe there's any limit to how high in level you can get.
In response to Oondivinezin
Oondivinezin wrote:
Everquest 2 is free to play. It has the same playstyle as WoW, and I don't believe there's any limit to how high in level you can get.

Right on, EQ2 rocks. One thing though, never compare EQ2 to WoW. Wow is garbage compared. I have a 77 Monk(Wanfei) and a 35 Shadowknight(Norrok) on Freeport server. If you want mainstream f2p i would go with this option. I have been playing EQ and EQ2 since 2000 and have yet to stop. I am even making a fangame of EQ on here, and before i get squashed for saying it I do have the right to. SoE gave me the ok as long as I follow the guildelines. Anyways getting off topic, rock on the EQ2!
Just wait for TERA Online to come out. Look up some PVP gameplay videos of it, and you will see why it's going to be the only non-click fest MMORPG worth playing. It's going to combine skill-based combat with the exploration and questing of RPGs, which is great considering most of the skill-based MMOs don't have a huge, persistent world to explore, and most RPGs that do don't have skill-based combat. Genius. And you probably already know this, but by skill-based I mean you're aiming all your spells, and you're constantly moving around to dodge the attacks of your opponents. It's not the WoW/Runescape/Everquest crap where you just right click on someone and watch your character auto-attack it to death, or just nuke them down with spells you don't have to aim. That crap is so boring, I can't understand why anyone plays it. I could tolerate Runescape back in the day when my standards were low, but now things are different. :D
In response to EmpirezTeam
EmpirezTeam wrote:
you will see why it's going to be the only non-click fest MMORPG worth playing
Then why gameplay video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvw2FY6wFHo ) contains shortcut bar with almost 20 skills? It's just regular WoW close that attempted to add action.
Vindictus Online doesn't even have shortcut bar.
In response to Zaoshi
The problem is, what IS the problem with a shortcut bar exactly...?

Reminds of how people said [x] FPS was better than [x] FPS because it had shinier guns, or some other irrelevant and pointless reason when the gameplay is the same.
In response to Moonlight Memento
Since it has shortcut bar it's exactly same as WoW: WASD to move and F1 spam.
In response to Zaoshi
So... shortcut bar means it's WoW? Interesting.

Also, WASD movement? Terrible, simply terrible.
In response to Moonlight Memento
Shortcut bar means, like EmpirezTeam said
"It's not the WoW/Runescape/Everquest crap where you just right click on someone and watch your character auto-attack it to death, or just nuke them down with spells you don't have to aim. That crap is so boring, I can't understand why anyone plays it."
If it has shortcut bar, then you just spam F1 to play a game. That's not a game, that's bull's shit with Twilight book on top.
There are exceptions of course. For example Wakfu (similar to Dofus as I heard) uses shortcut bar too, but it's turn based combat based on strategy (or F1 spam if developers mess it up, and that's where it is heading now).
Most of the time adding shortcut bar means you're simplifying game to 1 key. If there's no strategy or other gameplay features that make it unplayable with only 1 key, then it is what I said before.
In response to Zaoshi
Shortcut bar... means you only use one or two skills?

This differs from turn-based console RPGs how? You generally only use two, or three attacking spells there in most if not all situations.

A shortcut bar does not make a game unfun, that would stem from poor thoughts on the makers' part.

I lol'd hard at the BS with Twilight's book part. Reminds me of Google Translator lol.

EDIT: Are you Ripiz? You seem familiar...
Page: 1 2