ID:181090

I've been thinking about the promotion of BYOND across the various venues of the Internet. I think it would be an excellent idea to make an official BYOND YouTube Channel, for things such as tutorials, promotions and possibly even announcements.

We could simply submit videos through a possible new section of the forum and if it's appropriate, the administrator of the username will post it.

This idea came up when I was thinking about how my upcoming project was going to be promoted. I didn't know how people were going to know about it. I first thought that it would be fine just to post a few trailers up on YouTube, but then I thought, 'Who's going to see them?'. At least with the BYOND Channel, people will know where to go for all things regarding BYOND.

Of course, that isn't to say that I won't think about making a separate channel for my games.

What do you guys think?
I'm pretty sure they already made an official BYOND Youtube account.
In response to MDC
May I have the link? I've been searching for it, but to no avail.
In response to MDC
I think it's actually a "Group", which are frustratingly hard to find on YouTube.
In response to DarkCampainger
Yes. I've been looking for a few minutes now and I can't find it. >:/
In response to MDC
Oh, haha. It looks like groups were removed:

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/ answer.py?answer=1070535
Well, there goes 5 minutes I'll never get back lol

Edit: Or maybe not. Someone made an account with the same name as the group. Not sure if it's the same or if someone just decided to make the account.

http://www.youtube.com/user/BYONDtube
In response to MDC
So, what do you guys think? Could it potentially make BYOND more well-known?
Why dont we all just make an unoffical one, with all sorts of creations, and tutorials?
In response to Komuroto
only problem would be those people who put up crappy videos
In response to Raruno
you could have one person or a few people monitor it.