ID:1811047

Resolved
The pager became sluggish and exhibited unusual behavior when attempting to display a large number of messages.
BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
Web Browser:Chrome 40.0.2214.115
Applies to:BYOND Pager

This issue has been resolved.
Descriptive Problem Summary:

When you have a chat open that has a large number of messages. 4-5 pages worth, that is, the pager starts flickering every 4-5 seconds.

Now, while this chat is open, any BYOND update or private message you receive will freeze the client for 20-30 seconds, and the update notification will play once every 5 seconds 4 to 6 times. The entire app becomes unresponsive during this time.

Numbered Steps to Reproduce Problem:

1) Spam Tom.

2) Apparently, don't be Tom.

Expected Results:

App stays responsive, app doesn't try to give me seizures.

Actual Results:

Tom gets angry and pagerbans you.

When does the problem NOT occur?

Skype.

Did the problem NOT occur in any earlier versions? If so, what was the last version that worked? (Visit http://www.byond.com/download/build to download old versions for testing.)

This has been occurring since the new pager came out. Everyone I have talked to has this issue. I have seen a number of other bug reports on this, but it remains "unverified" or resolved. No BYOND update has resolved this issue satisfactorily for me.

Workarounds:

Skype.
i lol'd
Tom changed status to 'Verified'
Thanks Tom, also, the second I send this, your pager is going to seize up.
After a lot of testing and fixing a number of factors contributing to this issue, I'm confident this should be fixed in 507.1277. I was unable to reproduce the flickering as such, but I gave myself a test case that included more spam than you sent to Tom, and I was able to observe the non-responsiveness. Several factors were contributing to that, which I dealt with.
Impressive turnaround.
I can confirm that the test case seems to be behaving a lot better now.
Tom resolved issue with message:
The pager became sluggish and exhibited unusual behavior when attempting to display a large number of messages.