ID:1811270

Hey guys, I'm not sure if any of you would be interested in reading some horror fiction, but I've entered one of my short stories into a writing contest on Inkitt, and if you guys would check it out and give me a vote if you are fond of it, I'd greatly appreciate it:

http://www.inkitt.com/runningscared?sort=latest

The name of the story is "the One Way Tunnel". I will warn you, there's some coarse language and minor sexual themes as well as some pretty intense psychological stuff going on in the story. If you are spooked easy, this one might not be for you.

Also, this story got featured on the Nosleep podcast back in November of 2014. David Cummings and Susan Knowles did a great job of narrating this particular tale. They even hooked me up with an illustration by Lukasz Godlewski for free. You can check out their wonderful work here:

http://www.thenosleeppodcast.com/?p=1787
i like it. Nice ending :)

Not sure if you can still edit, but this was in the first paragraph: 'When I was a teenager, I grew up in the in a big city in the Midwest.'
Thanks for the correction! I've made a few small corrections so far.

The site's pretty nice. I actually only just discovered it because one of the staff members at Inkitt approached me on reddit, asking if they could convert one of my stories and enter it in the contest. I opted to do it myself.

Cheers!
I used to write horror fiction. Actually I'm obsessed with horror. Blood, dead bodies, monsters, demons, cannibalism I love it all. Or I still would if I had the time. Though mine was more horrifying than scary. Though I tend to find novels arent really scary especially when you have games like outlast and pt desensitizing. You.

I'll give it a read and tell you what I think.
Well I've read up to chapter canal. It's pretty good. I especially like the part with the passage of time and how people change. Forgot his name but the ass hole friend I can understand those people. While ussually they may appear self confident the truth is they aren't. They are trying to make someone hear them and someone praise them for how valuable they are. Little do they know those behaviours do the exact opposite. I also dislike people who look down at other because of education and could connect with it. I have education myself but I think it sucks and think the whole system is flawed, also nothing is wrong with not having education. In some cases you'll be a lot happier without it.
I actually based Jon on my friend Scott from high school. Almost everything in this story is pulled from my own life experiences, but synthesized into a horror short story.
thanks for linking that site, never heard of it.

i too put my own life experiences into my writing. it's the easiest way to write honestly, and it's usually more powerful too because you can actually feel what's going down onto the paper. for example, i've never had kids before, so while i can pretend to know what it feels like to raise a child for the sake of writing a character that has children, it wouldn't compare to someone who has actually had the experience of raising kids. they can explain the trials of parenthood in much more depth and eloquence than i ever could.
So most of your stories are about your experiences as a frog?
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
So most of your stories are about your experiences as a frog?

And being a Nexian proselyte, yes.
when i write its ussually about dismemberment or cannibalism. Like the loss of an arm has so much meaning and builds character. I feel like im the authour of like one of those animes were characters are dismembered right left and center. Like gantz, or elfren lied