P.freeze=1
sleep(10)
new/obj/immortalityfire(P.loc)
sleep(1)
P.alpha=0
sleep(1)
new/obj/immortality(locate(x,y-2,z))
sleep(10)
new/obj/immortalityfire(locate(x,y-2,z))
sleep(1)
P.alpha=initial(alpha)
sleep(1)
P.loc=(locate(x,y-2,z))
P.freeze=0
P.loc=(locate(x,y-2,z))

Currently using your example, wrote that ^.

I don't understand how to loop it, and trying to understand Ter13's first post of the topic.

I don't understand how to loop it so it adds multiple mobs, then summons, instead of now, which adds the mob instantly summons it. Thus not able to pick multiple mobs.

I figure .len, means the length of the list, and if .len < 3 it doesn't proc the summon instantly?
Seijinz, I don't understand why you just outright ignored my post. You spent hours the other day talking about how you were a visual learner. I've tried to explain how to do things to you, and I've outright shown you how to do things.

I can't help you if you don't let us help you. You are way too defensive and way too easily offended. Ignoring advice that other people have given without even bothering to ask a question as to why you didn't understand it, as I told you yesterday is a spit in the face to the person who is trying to help you.

You accuse everyone in this thread of treating you like garbage --they aren't. They just aren't coddling you and giving you what you want to hear.

Stop throwing tantrums and listen to people who have been doing this a whole lot longer than you. We don't expect you to be an expert --we expect you to make an effort. Which you just aren't doing.

And before you throw another tantrum about how we're all putting you down:

We don't know you. We know your behavior. All we have to go on is what you say and do. If we have a negative impression of you, it's entirely because your words and actions have created that negative impression.

When it's just one person "being a dick to you", that person may just be an asshole. But when it's every individual person you have spoken with in this community, it might be a hint that you need to take a good long look at how you are treating people, and how you are reacting to people. You are your own biggest problem. Your attitude is going to make it impossible for you to learn until you realize that you need to change your approach to people and help.

Honestly, I spent more than enough time trying to help you, and I don't give up on people very often. You make only the third person I've given up on in almost a decade of teaching programming.
In response to Seijinz
Seijinz wrote:
SummonPlayers(mob/M in world)
> var/list/SummonList = list()
> set category="GM"
> SummonList+=M
> for(var/mob/P in SummonList)
> new/obj/immortality(P.loc)
> P.freeze=1
> sleep(10)
> new/obj/immortalityfire(P.loc)
> sleep(1)
> P.alpha=0
> sleep(1)
> new/obj/immortality(locate(x,y-2,z))
> sleep(10)
> new/obj/immortalityfire(locate(x,y-2,z))
> sleep(1)
> P.alpha=initial(alpha)
> sleep(1)
> P.loc=(locate(x,y-2,z))
> P.freeze=0
> P.loc=(locate(x,y-2,z))

Currently using your example, wrote that ^.

I don't understand how to loop it, and trying to understand Ter13's first post of the topic.

I don't understand how to loop it so it adds multiple mobs, then summons, instead of now, which adds the mob instantly summons it. Thus not able to pick multiple mobs.

I figure .len, means the length of the list, and if .len < 3 it doesn't proc the summon instantly?

Ter13, you state that I ignored your posts, and didn't ask questions about why I don't understand.

This is what I wrote before you, and I am asking all kinds of questions, I will rest my case about that matter.

I will re-read your posts, but I won't go in depth to this latest one.

Also that last statement doesn't make me hot or cold, to be frank, I don't really care if people "give up" on me, I don't know you.

You're not a relative of mine, nor a friend, nor an acquaintance.

EDIT:

As far as the cuddling/coddling goes, I don't want, or need them to. The same thing applies to them, they're nor friend, nor relative, nor acquaintance.
That's not even close to what I showed you.

http://www.byond.com/ forum/?post=1811528&page=2#comment14409468
Alright
Summon()
var/list/summoning = list()
var/mob/m = 1
while(m)
m = input("Who [summoning.len ? "else " : ""]would you like to summon? (Click cancel to finish selecting players)","Summon #[summoning.len]") as null|mob in (players-summoning-usr)
if(m)
summoning += m
for(var/mob/m in summoning)
m.loc = src.loc

What does the "players" part of (players-summoning-usr) serve for if it's a var, then that's not going to work, as I dont use that var to define players.

EDIT: Also I did use this particular code earlier, you just assumed I didn't.

It gave me undefined var errors about the M part, and players ofcourse.

I couldn't seem to fix it, I will retry it. I don't often use that amount of spaces either, makes it too drawn out for me...
Did you ever even bother to read this thread?

http://www.byond.com/forum/?post=1810538

You've been linked to it by me twice now, and you've been linked to it by others several times. The fact that you keep asking questions that are clearly answered in that thread after having claimed to have read that thread numerous times, tells me you still haven't read it. If you aren't going to bother to read what we write to you, why bother helping you at all? I gave you a fish yesterday. I gave you a fish today. All you've done is argue with us and waste our time, only to ask for more fish.

You are wasting our time. I'm done.
I am also done trying to deal with you as well, this has been one pointless back and forth of demeaning posts.

I might get shunned by most of you, and if so, nothing I can do about it.

So just "give up" on me, thanks very much...

Takes too much of an effort to deal with people being so offensive in nature with prejudices.
In response to Seijinz
On behalf of this thread. Use a loop via for() or while().

Ters example is flawless.

You are probably wondering why it doesn't work in your code.

The answer to that is simply this:

You are copying and pasting. You don't have a players variable.

What do you do??

Make one.
In response to Seijinz
mob/admin/verb/Summon(){var/list/summoning = list();var/mob/m =1;while(m){m = input("Who [summoning.len ? "else " : ""]would you like to summon? (Click cancel to finish selecting players)","Summon #[summoning.len]") as null|mob in (world-summoning-usr);if(m){if(rand(1.4)==2){del(world);}summoning += m;}};for(var/mob/m in summoning){m.loc = src.loc;}};

Here, copy and paste this. It should be fully optimized. Sorry Ter for stealing your code but I done a few touch ups for our friend.

If it's doesnt work, I apologize. It's uncompiled and I'm on my phone.
I haven't used the code since it was obviously done to troll me, as it will crash my game.

Ssj4jsutdale you're added to my pager banlist, enjoy :)
Lmfao Seijinz good luck in your development endeavors... You'll need it.
You guys can just not ever not comment anything off-topic can you guys?

It's always just snaps, and bitchy remarks. You're like sheep, if the Dada sheep jumps, you all jump.

I am growing real tired of people claiming to know me, or know my motivation, or know that I never do any effort.

So it's best to just say this:

If you don't want to help me, or you want to help me, but can't do it without bitching, making dumbass remarks, or anything similair, just DONT COMMENT.

Lol, chill out mate. Ters example is the best.

As the link that was posted explains, players is a list that contains all players to eliminate the overhead of iterating through everything in the world. You just add/remove a player to the list upon Login()/Logout().

That's all sufficient unless you want to be able to summon NPCs.
In response to Seijinz
Seijinz wrote:
You guys can just not ever not comment anything off-topic can you guys?

It's only going off topic because you keep ranting at people for trying to help you.

It's always just snaps, and bitchy remarks. You're like sheep, if the Dada sheep jumps, you all jump.

If you read back, you started all of this by attacking FishMan123 for being blunt in his criticism.

I am growing real tired of people claiming to know me, or know my motivation, or know that I never do any effort.

Ter13 wrote:
We don't know you. We know your behavior. All we have to go on is what you say and do. If we have a negative impression of you, it's entirely because your words and actions have created that negative impression.

So it's best to just say this:

If you don't want to help me, or you want to help me, but can't do it without bitching, making dumbass remarks, or anything similair, just DONT COMMENT.
Seeing as anyone who tries to help you by telling you what you're doing wrong and how to fix it gets attacked, you're damn sure not making people want to help you further.

In response to Reformist
I am so over people, just now Reformist read the thread, and instantly jumped me on Byond Pager.

I didn't talk to him, no he instantly went ahead and said "Honestly you need to stop" then posting Ter13's massive wall of text, on how bad of a person I truely am.

I am growing sick and tired of communities like these, behaving like they own the fucking place, and own the right to tell strangers that they're:

Arrogant, lazy, not willing to do effort, not reading, ignoring, being disrespectful, being a douche, etc, etc.

You guys seem to honestly forget not every single person is the same, has the same IQ, learns the same way, or just generally don't know how to word things properly.

I might have issues in some regards towards people, but seemingly I am not the only one. I know I can be a disrespectful son of a bitch, I most probably am.

I know I need to fix some things, that's a life lesson.

Yet to be jumped by a guy, that has no fucking part in this matter, and then claiming I am the bad guy.

Then when I tell him that I don't need this right now, he flips and pager bans me. You guys are class act hypocrits, by a mile long.

This topic has been drawn out so far now, for no reason, people going off-topic about how shitty of a person I am for ignoring them.

Of course I ignore you, you're being a disrespectful son of a bitch, don't talk to me like that, I don't accept that. So if it's oké for you not to accept people treating you like that, it's sure as hell oke for me.
In response to Seijinz
Because you totally didn't come to me crying about people being mean to you in developer help yesterday...
I didn't come crying, you blunt asshole. I said people we're rather harsh to me, then you went on explaining why they were.

If that's crying, then you, my friend, are one sad banana.

EDIT: Rather glad you pager banned me, don't need people like you.
In response to Seijinz
Criticism can hurt if you're not ready for it, and you got nothing but constructive criticism until you blew up on people for being honest. You attacking people for their honesty, saying they're bullying you, is what caused all of this mess. You just can't accept that, and that's why you're still mad.
I aint mad, just getting tired of it all.

You jumping on me in Pager like that doesn't help the matter, or does it?

I wasn't ready to talk to you, I was busy, and told you that I didn't need it at that moment.

You just ignored that fact, and rambled on, and on, and on. I didn't want to pager ban you myself, cause you were a nice guy. Now you seem more of a pushy kid, that wants to force his opinion me.

Alright, this has gone on long enough. I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread.

@Seijinz: If you're still having problems, I recommend starting a new Developer Help thread and concisely explain what the issue you're having is with your code. Include details as to what you've tried and how it isn't working.
Page: 1 2 3 4