ID:1811565

(See the best response by Lummox JR.)
Code:

Problem description:

Has anyone else ever had a problem using Deadron's character handling system? Seems that when players create a character, then logout and log back in about 4 times (Doesn't matter if they re-log simultaneously or they login once, play for an hour, logout for awhile and then back in.. No matter the player, once they login for about the third or fourth time, the server crashes.. Also, it seems to have a pattern of;

1st time re-logging = about 2 seconds of the server freezing,
2nd time = about 4-5 seconds,
3rd and 4th will either freeze Dream Daemon for about 8 seconds or will just result in the crash..

So you can see the time just about doubles each time.. Really scratching my head on this one because my game is still in early development so there's not much for the savefile to save for each mob... If anyone has had a problem like this before and is willing to help out I'd appreciate it greatly.. Thank you for any help in advance!!
Best response
This is highly unlikely to have anything to do with his lib. The answer is elsewhere in your code.

Suggestion: Try profiling. It may show you a routine that's using up all those cycles and causing the server to freeze.
Yea I didn't think so.. Well, I figure it must be a variable within the characters because when I run the game without Deadron's Handling, or any other save system for that matter(I've ran into this same problem with any save system I choose to try), it doesn't freeze when I constantly re-log. Could it maybe be because I am calling a "return" instead of a del(src) after logging the client into the "new mob"? I am still running through everything myself-Just figured I'd ask.
No, that wouldn't be it. The most likely explanation is that the savefiles are growing. If you can confirm they're not, then no worries, but take a look at their actual sizes.

I would recommend opening up your saves in a savefile editor, too, and comparing a 1st-time save to a 2nd-time save, then a 3rd, etc. See what's different between them.

Also, take a look at your vars now--before the project gets any bigger--and make sure you aren't saving any turfs, or accidentally saving references to other mobs. This is a gotcha with savefiles, because it's so easy to save everything that users often forget there might be things they don't want to save. (Solution: Any vars that contain turfs or direct references to other mobs should be /tmp. That gets rid of most of the problem cases.)
Yup.. I have a list of turfs and objs that get added to your character upon login for "building" purposes. Not to mention a lot of them are dealt with through Shadowdarke's BigAtom library. I forgot to set the list to tmp, like you said; Therefore resulting in giant palm trees repeatedly being added to your inventory.. Heh- I knew it was something so simple and so obvious that I was just overlooking it.. Thanks a ton buddy. Greatly, can't stress enough, Greatly appreciated my friend.
Glad I could help. You definitely want to double-check all the vars you can and make sure there are no other ways for turfs to get saved. Turfs getting saved can lead to interesting bugs where a mob standing on that turf is saved too, so when your character loads another player might suddenly be pulled into an older copy of their mob.
Ahh ok. I have noticed that, that has happened a couple times already but, the thing is, is that I actually have a save system for turfs and objs- for it is a sandbox-type. I want players to have complete control of what goes on in the world. I am actually having a bit of trouble with that also.. The turfs save but, I never knew how to create a turf/obj save system that can save the turf's variables.. I especially want the turf's, "mob/owner", variable to save so they can upgrade the wall's health/defense.