ID:1811869

BYOND Version:507
Operating System:Linux
Web Browser:Chrome 40.0.2214.109
Applies to:DM Language

Issue hasn't been assigned a status value.
Demonstration: http://files.byondhome.com/Xirre/Maptext%20Demo_src.zip

Workaround:
//Taken from the above demonstration
Maptext3
screen_loc = "SOUTHWEST"
maptext_height = 64
maptext_width = 64
maptext = "<span style='color:#00b8ff;font-weight:bold;font-size:11px;text-align:left;' valign='top'>Maptext3</span>"

What is wrong: When vertical-align is used in an in-line style, it breaks the style.

How to workaround it: Use valign instead outside of style.
I edited your report to change the "Applies To" field. This is not a Dream Maker bug.
No problem. I was rushing through it since my class was beginning in a few seconds. I didn't want to end up forgetting it later. I cleaned it up a bit as well so it is easier on the eyes. Even though there's not much to go easy on the eyes anyways...
Bump, still happens on 1367. In fact, the way the parser handlers failure outright sucks. Why should a typo in the CSS or even the HTML cause the maptext not to appear at all? That's just stupid.

But yeah, "vertical-align: top", still breaks, using "vertical-align: bottom" does not.

Pretty much any unrecognized parameter or value will cause the maptext to outright not appear.

Also seems that if the last element in the CSS is off it'll cause the usage of anything else BUT the CSS in the span to cause the maptext to vanish.