ID:1813090

(See the best response by Tom.)
Simple question (I hope): I have two turfs, floor and wall. Floor is a solid color, wall is a thin black line.

If I try to put the wall over the floor, the transparent area of the wall doesn't show the floor underneath -- it obliterates it.

I know there is "really" only one turf there, but I could've sworn the map editor would let you layer the appearances. Anyone got any pointers for me?
Best response
Whoa blast from the past!

This should be controllable via the Edit/Click-behavior option on the map-editor. I believe it defaults to "replace" mode.
That did the trick! Thanks!
Jesus Christ! This is shaping up to be a good year! We've got Lexy and Guggems back!

Gugs, a quick pointer about layering turfs. I'm not sure if you remember this, but layered turfs are added to the topmost turf as underlays.

Underlays with an icon_state set to null or a 0-length string ("") will inherit the icon_state value of their parent object. This means that all turfs should always have an explicit icon_state set to ensure that the map looks the same in-editor as it does in-game.

This is a common pitfall that folks run into when layering turfs that can lead to significant headaches when it's realized later on in the project cycle.
In response to Ter13
Ter13 wrote:
Jesus Christ! This is shaping up to be a good year! We've got Lexy, Guggems and Ter13 back!

Fixed.
Hi folks! Thanks for the pointers Ter!