ID:1813270

(See the best response by Ter13.)
Problem description:

So i tried to make 64x64 place holder sprites for my project but everytime i run the game it looks weird, and not like when you look at the actual file.

http://www.ezimba.com/work/150319C/ezimba14506461809704.png

in the image, it should look like the left sprite but when i run it, it looks like the right sprite, kinda blurry.
i think the problem is, although the sprite is 64x64 it is displayed as 32x32?
because i don't see a 64x64 option in the Icons tab when I run the game..

You need to turn off stretch to fit in the interface.
There are stretch to fit, 32x32, 16x16 and 'text' options. I've tried all of those and all look like blurry and weird, but one being bigger than the other. There is no 64x64 option though and i think that is the problem?
You need to configure your project from the code side of things.

You need to change world.icon_size to 64. When you create a new project, a DM file is created. Edit the world settings that appear at the top there. icon_size should be among the default settings.
I had done that; actually I don't think it allows you to make 64x64 icons if you don't do that in the first place, haha

but I managed to fix it. I don't know why but, I imported the 64x64 icons to a icon_size 32x32 project and somehow it worked.
Best response
BYOND can actually handle variable icon sizes. The world icon size is the size of the game's tiles. If you have a sprite that uses a larger than icon_size dimension file size, that will work fine as long as your map format is not set to TILED_ICON_MAP.

Just a PSA: If you are using a source code base, you should probably stop immediately because most of the existing source codebases are based on very old DM code that was horribly unoptimized and backward when those codebases were new.

If you are starting fresh, you should be fine. The normal defaults should serve you well.
Just a thought, don't think turning world.icon_size to 64 is even necessary at all. I always have mine at default which usually is 32 and playing around with icon size within the world tab causes other problems as I found out with turning it to 16 and having boundary issues. I could only imagine what doing a 64 would be like especially when tiling. Anything under 64x64 would still be tiled as a 64x64 on the map causing issues if you have anything smaller than that world size. I have batte fields that are 512 x 256 that are fine with the default setting so world size has nothing to do with it.
that are fine with the default setting so world size has nothing to do with it.

Given what I had to go on, it seemed logical. But I've since stated the same thing in my last post.
Thank you for the help guys!
I'm starting fresh by the way so it should be fine.
If you're trying to use 32x32 turf sizes with a 64x64 player icon size;

mob
bound_width = 64
bound_height = 64