ID:181350

Right now I'm trying to hook up my xbox to my monitor.
I grabbed this plug, seen as my monitor doesn't have component support (and the original xbox doesn't use anything except component, as far as I can tell), and I've been trying to get my monitor to pick up on the xbox all morning to no avail. Any ideas?
Well, since apparently I have to go through numerous hoops and other things to do this with my current monitor (dvi, vga, or hdmi), I will probably just save up for a monitor that has composite inputs.
In response to DivineTraveller
The plug you picked up uses component cables (Red Green Blue). The original Xbox uses RCA cables (Yellow white red).

you've got the wrong plug my friend. Look for one with a single yellow plug on one end.

As for the audio coming out of the xbox, to hook it up to your speakers, you'd probably need some form of Audio converted, from the red/white cords to a headphone jack.

This is what your looking for...

Video

Audio

For the video, just plug the yellow plug into the yellow port, the other chord is not needed.

for the audio, your red and white cords would go into the two port side, while the wire from your speakers would plug into the opposite side.

I'm not 100% on the audio adapter being the proper one, but it's the best example I could find.