ID:181355

Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any places left that sell standard televisions. I currently own an HDTV but for systems like the PS2 and lower, the HDTV's don't do them justice. Any place at all that can sell new or used standard televisions? It would be a major plus if it had component inputs but composite would be fine too. Thank you for your time.
Every big-box store I've been to lately still has standard-def digital sets on sale for dirt cheap.
In response to Nadrew
Oh awesome! What kind of stores are considered "big-box"? I don't have too many near where I live. And around how much is dirt cheap?
DisturbedSixx wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if there are any places left that sell standard televisions. I currently own an HDTV but for systems like the PS2 and lower, the HDTV's don't do them justice.

I disagree. On my 46" the PS2 and the Wii both look fine. The images can sometimes be the slightest bit pixelly of course because of resolution issues, but honestly the issue is size, not the TV's maximum resolution.

Lummox JR
In response to Lummox JR
I own a much smaller hdtv, I think a 22"? See, the hdtv, for me at least, tries to force high definition onto the systems and in turn make the pictures look sharper and makes you notice the low resolution textures much easier then if it was displayed on a standard television, which is where these graphics were meant to be viewed. Perhaps i'll try to hook up a system to one of the bigger hdtvs around the house and see how size can affect the display.
In response to DisturbedSixx
I agree. Playing the games from older systems looks really shoddy on HDTVs. This is the reason I download my games. Most of the emulators have a nice array of filters to choose from.